Galla Creek WMA
- 2023-24 Closed Seasons
- Bear Muzzleloader
- Deer Muzzleloader
- 2023-24 Crow
Sept. 1, 2023-Feb. 19, 2024. Open Thursdays through Mondays only. No limit.
- 2023-24 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 23, 2023-Feb. 29, 2024
Deer Muzzleloader: Closed
Deer Modern Gun (permit hunt): Nov. 11-12, 2023
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 4-5, 2023
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Three deer, no more than two antlered bucks, which may include:
- Two antlered bucks with archery,
- Three antlerless with archery.
- One antlered buck and one antlerless with modern gun permit.
- During youth hunt, youths may take two deer, one antlered buck and one antlerless.
- No antler restrictions.
- No dogs.
- 2023-24 Dove
Sept. 2-Oct. 22, 2023 and Dec. 8, 2023-Jan. 15, 2024
Mourning Dove and White-Winged Dove
Daily Limit – 15, possession Limit – 45
No daily or possession limit
Eurasian Collared Doves must remain fully feathered in the field and while being transported from the field.
The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission prepares a few fields each year for the opening weekend of dove season so the public has a place to enjoy this exciting form of wingshooting.
Dove fields on WMAs are available on a first-come, first-served basis. WMA acreage put into dove fields is relatively small because most hunters only pursue doves the first few days of the season. However, after opening weekend of dove season, many wildlife species feed in the fields, particularly those that were topsown with winter wheat.
- 2023-24 Quail
Nov. 1, 2023-Feb. 4, 2024. Weekends only. Limit – four.
While training bird dogs, you may use handguns or shotguns with blank ammunition. Pen-raised quail may be taken with a Shoot-To-Kill Bird Dog Field Training Permit. This permit is available from your local wildlife officer.
- 2023-24 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2023-Feb. 29, 2024. Daily limit – 8, possession limit – 16.
- 2023-24 Squirrel
May 15, 2023-Feb. 29, 2024. Dogs allowed. Daily limit – 12, possession limit – 48.
- 2023-24 Waterfowl
- 2023-24 Arkansas Waterfowl Hunting Guidebook
- 2023-24 Statewide Waterfowl Season Dates and Bag Limits
- General WMA Regulations
- Waterfowl hunting allowed only on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays and all day Jan. 31.
- No boats allowed Nov. 11-17, Nov. 27-Dec. 8 and Dec. 24-26.
Exception – Boats allowed from 4 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. Dec. 2.
- Spinning-wing and mechanically operated decoys not allowed. See Page 43.
- No boats allowed from 1 p.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 18-Jan. 31.
Exception 1 – Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m., Dec. 2 and Jan. 31
Exception 2 – Boats allowed on the following waters:
- Arkansas River Cutoff west of Flag Lake Road.
- Closed to all access (except in designated parking areas and boat launch ramps) from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 18-Jan. 31 and Feb. 3.
- Motors with factory exhaust systems only during waterfowl season.
- No airboats during duck season.
- 2023 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 13-Nov. 30, 2023
Bear Modern Gun Hunt: Nov. 11-12, 2023 (deer permit holders only).
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 4-5, 2023
- Statewide bag limit.
- No dogs.
- 2024 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 6-7, 2024. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt (permit required): April 15-17, April 20-22 and April 27-29, 2024. One legal turkey.
A WMA Turkey Hunt Permit is required to hunt turkeys on this WMA. Click here for details.
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap on WMAs. Permits are available online by clicking “Buy Licenses” at agfc.com or by calling 833-345-0325 or any regional office.
- CWD regulations apply.
- For access restrictions that affect all users during waterfowl season, check the waterfowl guidebook.
- WMA Master Plan