Turkey Dates, Rules & Regulations
Special Youth Turkey Hunt
Zones 1 and 2: April 6-7, 2024
- Youth must have a free Customer Identification Number (CID) to hunt and check a turkey. To set up a youth’s customer profile click here. Select New Customer. Once you fill out your youth’s information, make sure to add the free Customer ID to your cart (under the Hunting tab) once in the licensing system and complete the checkout process.
- Bag Limit during the Special Youth Turkey Hunt is one legal turkey.
- Only hunters 6 to 15 years old may hunt turkeys during the special youth turkey hunt.
- Youths who have not completed hunter education must be under the direct supervision of an adult who is 21 or older.
Regular Turkey Season Dates
Zone 1: April 15-23, 2024
Zone 2: April 15-May 5, 2024
Statewide Turkey Bag Limit
- The statewide bag limit is two legal turkeys, no jakes.
- Exception: Hunters 6 to 15 years old may harvest one jake as part of their two-bird limit during the season (including the youth hunt).
- No more than one legal turkey may be taken during the first 7 days of the regular season.
- No more than one legal turkey may be taken per day.
- It is illegal for any hunter to harvest a bearded hen.
- Bag limit on all individual wildlife management areas is one legal turkey.
- Hunters may not exceed any zone (Statewide or WMA) harvest limits.
Zone Turkey Harvest Limits
Zone 1: One legal turkey, no jakes (see Statewide Turkey Bag Limit for exceptions). Hunters who kill a turkey in this zone must travel to Zone 2 to attempt to harvest a second turkey.
Zone 2: Two legal turkeys, no jakes (see Statewide Turkey Bag Limit for exceptions).
2024 Private Land Turkey Zones
- Zones follow county lines. See 2023-24 Hunting Guidebook for WMA Zone info.