Cypress Bayou WMA
- 2023-24 Closed Seasons
- 2023-24 Crow
- Sept. 1, 2023-Feb. 19, 2024. Open Thursdays through Mondays only. No limit.
- 2023-24 Deer
- Deer Archery: Sept. 23, 2023-Feb. 29, 2024
Deer Muzzleloader (permit hunt): Oct. 21-25, 2023
Deer Modern Gun (permit hunt): Nov. 11-15, 2023
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 4-5, 2023 and Jan. 6-7, 2024WMA Deer Bag Limit: Three deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
- Two bucks with archery,
- Three does with archery,
- One buck or doe with muzzleloader permit,
- One buck or doe with modern gun permit.
- During youth hunt, youths may take three deer, two bucks (no antler restrictions) and one doe.
- Three-point rule.
- No dogs.
- 2023-24 Quail
- Nov. 1, 2023-Feb. 5, 2024. Daily limit – 6, possession limit -12.
- 2023-24 Rabbit
- Sept. 1, 2023-Feb. 29, 2024. Daily limit – 8, possession limit – 16.
- 2023-24 Squirrel
- May 15, 2023-Feb. 29, 2024. Dogs allowed. Daily limit – 12, possession limit – 48.
- 2023-24 Waterfowl
- 2023-24 Arkansas Waterfowl Hunting Guidebook
- 2023-24 Statewide Waterfowl Season Dates and Bag Limits
- General WMA Regulations
- No boats allowed Nov. 11-17, Nov. 27-Dec. 8 and Dec. 24-26. Exception – Boats allowed from 4 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. Dec. 2.
- Spinning-wing and mechanically operated decoys not allowed. See Page 43.
- Motors with factory exhaust systems only during waterfowl season.
- No airboats during duck season.
- Red Cut Slough Waterfowl Permit Sites Map
- Online Draw Dates
- 2023-24 WMA Waterfowl Hunt Application Totals
- From Nov. 18-26, 2023 and Dec 9-23, 2023 and Dec. 27, 2023-Jan. 31, 2024, Red Cut Slough Tract on Cypress Bayou WMA is open for waterfowl hunting only on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, Sundays, and the last day of regular duck season. Anyone entering flooded areas must have a signed Cypress Bayou Waterfowl Hunting Daily Use Permit on their person.
- On Tuesdays, Thursdays, and the last day of regular duck season, non-restricted permits are available at the parking area.
- Hunters are not restricted to designated locations on these days.
- On Saturdays and Sundays, a limited number of permits will be available by online drawing. Permits will be for designated locations. There may be a total of four hunters per party for each location drawn. All members of each hunting party must hunt within immediate proximity of each other.
Visit agfc.com and click on “GET A LICENSE” to apply.
- All permits must be carried while hunting, completed and returned to the collection box at the end of the hunt.
- Permits are not required during the Youth/Veteran Waterfowl Hunt.
- 2024 Turkey
- Youth Hunt: April 6-7, 2024. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt (permit required): April 15-17 and April 20-22, 2024. One legal turkey.
- About the Name
- Cypress Bayou WMA is named after the bayou that flows through the area.
- Area Notes
- Camping is not allowed on the WMA.
- Cypress Bayou WMA encompasses 1,503 acres in northern Lonoke and southern White counties. The management area was acquired through the Farmers Home Administration program in 1989 and most of the area was reforested with mixed hardwood species in the early 1990s.
- Hunting Opportunities
- Hunting opportunities exist for deer, turkey and small game.
- Recreation Other Than Hunting
- A small 6-acre pond is adjacent to the parking on Arkansas Highway 31, and provides fishing opportunities for bream, catfish and bass.
- Restaurants and Other Facilities
- The city of Beebe is about 8 miles north and provides lodging and restaurant accommodations.