Counties: Benton, Washington
- 2021-22 Closed Seasons
- Deer muzzleloader
- 2021-22 Crow
Sept. 2, 2021-Feb. 20, 2022. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2021-22 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 25, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022
Deer Muzzleloader: Closed
Deer Modern Gun Mobility Impaired Hunt (permit hunt): Oct. 2-3, 2021
Deer Modern Gun (permit hunt): Nov. 13-14, 2021. This area has special firearms restrictions; see Area Notes.
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 6-7, 2021 and Jan. 1-2, 2022. This area has special firearms restrictions; see Area Notes.
WMA Bag Limit: Two deer, no more than one antlered buck, which may include:
- One antlered buck with archery,
- Two antlerless with archery,
- One antlered buck and one antlerless with modern gun permit.
- During youth hunt, youths may take two deer, one antlered buck and one antlerless.
- During mobility impaired permit hunt, mobility impaired hunters may take two deer, one antlered buck and one antlerless with permit.
- No antler restrictions.
- No dogs.
- 2021-22 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16.
- 2021-22 Squirrel
May 15, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022. Dogs allowed. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- About the Name
The name comes from LakeWedington, which the WMA surrounds.
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap on WMAs. Permits are available online by clicking "Buy Licenses" at agfc.com or by calling 800-364-4263 or any regional office.
- CWD regulations apply.
- Only shotguns (.410 and larger) with slugs (no buckshot allowed) or muzzleloading rifles shooting a single projectile are allowed.
- Contact the USDA Forest Service for a mobility impaired modern gun permit application at 479- 284-3150. Refer to USDA Forest Service website for more information.
- Area Type
Cabins are available for overnight stay, but there are no campgrounds.
Wedington WMA is just outside of the Fayetteville/Springdale area and is owned by the USDA Forest Service. It consists of beautiful hardwood timber forests that surround Lake Wedington. There are wildlife openings within the property that allow game to travel.
- Hunting Opportunities
Deer hunting is limited to bow only for the majority of the season, however, there are opportunities for modern gun permit hunts for both youth and non-youth hunters. This area is known to have a healthy population of deer and many bucks are harvested each year. Hunters also have the chance to hunt rabbit and squirrel on this WMA.
The Wedington WMA, located 13 miles west of Fayetteville, is easily accessible from highway 16 and highway 412. Topographic maps of the Area are available from the USGS: Gallatin, Rhea, Robinson, and Wheeler.
- Management Practices
Wildlife habitat is managed through timber stand improvements and prescribed fire.
USDA Forest Service 866-253-2506 • 15,915 acres
- Recreation Other Than Hunting
Fishing and boating on Lake Wedington are great recreational opportunities this WMA offers. Lake Wedington is considered a fishing hot spot in Northwest Arkansas.
- Restaurants and Other Facilities
There are many restaurants and hotel accommodations in Fayetteville and Springdale. The Catfish Hole and Mama Deans are great places to eat while visiting this part of The Natural State.