Ozark Lake WMA
Counties: Crawford, Franklin, Sebastian
- 2020-21 Closed Seasons
- 2020-21 Crow
Sept. 1, 2020-Feb. 21, 2021. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2020-21 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 26, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021. No dogs.
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 17-25, 2020 and Dec. 12-14, 2020. No dogs.
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 14-Dec. 6, 2020 (dogs allowed). Dec. 26-28, 2020 (no dogs).
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 7-8, 2020 and Jan. 2-3, 2021. No dogs.
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Four deer, no more than two antlered deer, which may include:
- Two antlered deer with archery, muzzleloader and modern gun combined,
- Four antlerless deer with archery.
- One antlerless deer with muzzleloader or modern gun.
- During youth hunt, youths may take three deer, two antlered bucks and one antlerless.
- CWD regulations apply
- No antler restrictions.
- No dogs allowed on islands.
- 2020-21 Quail
Nov. 1, 2020-Feb. 7, 2021. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2020-21 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2020-21 Squirrel
May 15, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2020-21 Waterfowl
- Waterfowl hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset during waterfowl season.
- Dyer Lake waterfowl units hunting ends at noon except, hunting allowed 30 minutes before sunrise to sunset on the last day of the regular waterfowl season and during special youth/veteran waterfowl hunts.
- In addition to a valid Arkansas hunting license, nonresidents need a a valid Arkansas waterfowl stamp (DSN) and a 5-day Nonresident WMA Waterfowl Hunting Permit (NW5) to hunt waterfowl on wildlife management areas. The permit costs $30.50 and is valid only Nov. 21-30, Dec. 27-Jan. 5, Jan. 22-31. It is available online, by telephone or from license dealers. Nonresidents will also need a free WMA General Use permit (WMP) when hunting on any WMA.
- 2021 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 10-11, 2021. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt: April 19-May 9, 2021. One legal turkey, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap.
- The WMA boundary includes lands within the Corps of Engineers boundary including islands and shoreline acreage.
- Additional Corps of Engineers regulations apply. Contact the Corps of Engineers by mail at Box 1087, Russellville, AR 72801 or by phone at 479-968-5008
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers