Ozark Lake WMA
Counties: Crawford, Franklin, Sebastian
- 2022-23 Closed Seasons
- 2022-23 Crow
Sept. 1, 2022-Feb. 20, 2023. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2022-23 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 24, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023. No dogs.
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 15-23, 2022 and Dec. 10-12, 2022. No dogs.
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 12-Dec. 4, 2022 (dogs allowed). Dec. 26-28, 2022 (no dogs).
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2022 and Jan. 7-8, 2023. No dogs.
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Four deer, no more than two antlered bucks, which may include:
- Two antlered bucks with archery, muzzleloader and modern gun combined,
- Four antlerless deer with archery.
- One antlerless with muzzleloader or modern gun.
- During youth hunt, youths may take three deer, two antlered bucks and one antlerless.
- No antler restrictions.
- No dogs allowed on islands.
- 2022-23 Dove
Sept. 3-Oct. 23, 2022 and Dec. 8, 2022-Jan. 15, 2023
Mourning Dove and White-Winged Dove
Daily Limit - 15, possession limit - 45
No daily or possession limit
Eurasian Collared Doves must remain fully feathered in the field and while being transported from the field.
The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission prepares a few fields each year for the opening weekend of dove season so the public has a place to enjoy this exciting form of wingshooting.
Dove fields on WMAs are available on a first-come, first-served basis. WMA acreage put into dove fields is relatively small because most hunters only pursue doves the first few days of the season. However, after opening weekend of dove season, many wildlife species feed in the fields, particularly those that were topsown with winter wheat.
- 2022-23 Quail
Nov. 1, 2022-Feb. 5, 2023. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2022-23 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2022-23 Squirrel
May 15, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2022-23 Waterfowl
- 2022-23 Arkansas Waterfowl Hunting Guidebook
- 2022-23 Statewide Waterfowl Season Dates and Bag Limits
- General WMA Regulations
- Waterfowl hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset during waterfowl season.
- Dyer Lake waterfowl units hunting ends at noon except, hunting allowed 30 minutes before sunrise to sunset on the last day of the regular duck season and during special youth/veteran waterfowl hunts.
- 2022 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 9-10, 2022. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt: April 18-May 8, 2022. One legal turkey.
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap on WMAs. Permits are available online by clicking "Buy Licenses" at agfc.com or by calling 833-345-0325 or any regional office.
- CWD regulations apply.
- The WMA boundary includes lands within the Corps of Engineers boundary including islands and shoreline acreage.
- Additional Corps of Engineers regulations apply. Contact the Corps of Engineers by mail at Box 1087, Russellville, AR 72801 or by phone at 479-968-5008
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers