Nimrod Lloyd Millwood WMA
Counties: Perry, Yell
- 2021-22 Closed Seasons
- 2021-22 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 25, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 16-24, 2021 and Dec. 11-13, 2021
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 13-Dec. 5, 2021. (dogs allowed) Dec. 26-28, 2021. (no dogs)
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 6-7, 2021 and Jan. 1-2, 2022
Deer Modern Gun Disabled Veterans/Mobility Impaired Hunt: Nov. 3-4, 2021
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Three deer, no more than two antlered bucks, which may include:
- Two antlered bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
- Two antlerless with archery,
- One antlerless with muzzleloader during the muzzleloader season only.
- During youth hunt, youths may take three deer, two antlered bucks and one antlerless.
- During disabled veteran/mobility impaired hunt, hunters may take two deer, one antlered buck and one antlerless.
- No antler restrictions.
- 2021-22 Dove
Sept. 4-Oct. 24, 2021 and Dec. 8, 2021-Jan. 15, 2022
Mourning Dove and White-Winged Dove
Daily Limit - 15, possession limit - 45
No daily or possession limit
Eurasian Collared Doves must remain fully feathered in the field and while being transported from the field.
The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission prepares a few fields each year for the opening weekend of dove season so the public has a place to enjoy this exciting form of wingshooting.
Dove fields on WMAs are available on a first-come, first-served basis. WMA acreage put into dove fields is relatively small because most hunters only pursue doves the first few days of the season. However, after opening weekend of dove season, many wildlife species feed in the fields, particularly those that were topsown with winter wheat.
- 2021-22 Waterfowl
- 2021-22 Arkansas Waterfowl Hunting Guidebook
- 2021-22 Statewide Waterfowl Season Dates and Bag Limits
- General WMA Regulations
- Waterfowl hunting ends at noon within the Lloyd Millwood Greentree Reservoir. Nimrod Lloyd Millwood WMA lands lying outside the Lloyd Millwood Greentree Reservoir are open to waterfowl hunting from 30 minutes before sunrise to sunset during waterfowl season..
- 2021 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 25-Nov. 30, 2021
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 16-24, 2021
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 13-30, 2021
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 6-7, 2021
- Statewide bag limit.
- No dogs.
- 2022-23 Crow
Sept. 1, 2022-Feb. 20, 2023. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2022-23 Quail
Nov. 1, 2022-Feb. 5, 2023. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2022-23 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2022-23 Squirrel
May 15, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2022 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 9-10, 2022. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt: April 18-May 8, 2022. One legal turkey.
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap on WMAs. Permits are available online by clicking "Buy Licenses" at agfc.com or by calling 800-364-4263 or any regional office.
- CWD regulations apply in Yell County.
- The WMA boundary includes land within the Corps of Engineers boundary, including islands and shoreline acreage.
- A mobility impaired hunting area is located east of the Sunlight Bay Park, contact the COE at 501-324-6957, for more information.
- Additional Corps of Engineers regulations apply.
- Access is limited to mobility impaired access card holders.
- Maps of the area are available at the Corps of Engineers Nimrod Lake office.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers