Nimrod Lloyd Millwood WMA
Counties: Perry, Yell
- 2020-21 Closed Seasons
- 2020-21 Crow
Sept. 1, 2020-Feb. 21, 2021. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2020-21 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 26, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 17-25, 2020 and Dec. 12-14, 2020
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 14-Dec. 6, 2020(dogs allowed) and Dec. 26-28 (no dogs), 2020
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 7-8, 2020 and Jan. 2-3, 2021
Deer Modern Gun Disabled Veterans/Mobility Impaired Hunt: Nov. 4-5, 2020
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Three deer, no more than two antlered deer, which may include:
- Two antlered deer with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
- Two antlerless deer with archery,
- One antlerless deer with muzzleloader during the muzzleloader season only.
- During youth hunt, youths may take three deer, two antlered bucks and one antlerless.
- During disabled veteran/mobility impaired hunt, hunters may take two deer, one antlered buck and one antlerless.
- CWD regulations apply in Yell County.
- No antler restrictions.
- 2020-21 Quail
Nov. 1, 2020-Feb. 7, 2021. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2020-21 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2020-21 Squirrel
May 15, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2020-21 Waterfowl
- Waterfowl hunting ends at noon within the Lloyd Millwood Greentree Reservoir.
- Nimrod Lloyd Millwood WMA lands lying outside the Lloyd Millwood Greentree Reservoir are open to all-day hunting.
- In addition to a valid Arkansas hunting license, nonresidents need a a valid Arkansas waterfowl stamp (DSN) and a 5-day Nonresident WMA Waterfowl Hunting Permit (NW5) to hunt waterfowl on wildlife management areas. The permit costs $30.50 and is valid only Nov. 21-30, Dec. 27-Jan. 5, Jan. 22-31. It is available online, by telephone or from license dealers. Nonresidents will also need a free WMA General Use permit (WMP) when hunting on any WMA.
- 2020 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 26-Nov. 30, 2020
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct 17-25, 2020
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 14-30, 2020
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 7-8, 2020
- Statewide bag limit.
- No dogs.
- 2021 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 10-11, 2021. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt: April 19-May 9, 2021. One legal turkey, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap.
- The WMA boundary includes land within the Corps of Engineers boundary, including islands and shoreline acreage.
- A mobility impaired hunting area is located east of the Sunlight Bay Park, contact the COE at 501-324-6957, for more information.
- Additional Corps of Engineers regulations apply.
- Access is limited to mobility impaired access card holders. Maps of the area are available at the Corps of Engineers Nimrod Lake office.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers