J. Perry Mikles Blue Mountain SUA
- 2021-22 Closed Seasons
- Bear archery
- Bear firearms
- Deer muzzleloader
- Furbearer trapping
- 2021-22 Crow
Sept. 2, 2021-Feb. 20, 2022. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2021-22 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 25, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022
Deer Modern Gun (permit hunt): Nov. 10-11, 2021
Deer Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Oct. 2-3, 2021
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Three deer; no more than two antlered bucks, which may include:
- Two antlered bucks with archery,
- Three antlerless with archery,
- One antlered buck or antlerless with modern gun permit.
- During youth hunt, youths may take two deer, one antlered buck and one antlerless.
- No antler restriction.
- No dogs.
- 2021-22 Dove
Sept. 4-Oct. 24, 2021 and Dec. 8, 2021-Jan. 15, 2022
Mourning Dove and White-Winged Dove
Daily Limit - 15, possession Limit - 45
No daily or possession limit
Eurasian Collared Doves must remain fully feathered in the field and while being transported from the field.
The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission prepares a few fields each year for the opening weekend of dove season so the public has a place to enjoy this exciting form of wingshooting.
Dove fields on WMAs are available on a first-come, first-served basis. WMA acreage put into dove fields is relatively small because most hunters only pursue doves the first few days of the season. However, after opening weekend of dove season, many wildlife species feed in the fields, particularly those that were topsown with winter wheat.
- 2021-22 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2021-22 Squirrel
May 15, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2021-22 Waterfowl
- 2021-22 Arkansas Waterfowl Hunting Guidebook
- 2021-22 Statewide Waterfowl Season Dates and Bag Limits
- General WMA Regulations
- Waterfowl hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset during waterfowl season.
- Closed to all activities when “Field Trial In Progress” signs are displayed. A schedule listing the dates of field trials is posted below under Recreation Other Than Hunting.
- 2021 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 10-11, 2021. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt: April 19- May 9, 2021. One legal turkey, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap on WMAs. Permits are available online by clicking "Buy Licenses" at agfc.com or by calling 800-364-4263 or any regional office.
- CWD regulations apply.
- This area is closed to all other activities when “Field Trial in Progress” signs are displayed. A schedule listing the dates of field trials will be posted at the Area Headquarters or open a PDF of the schedule here.
- All organized horse and mule events on J. Perry Mikles/Blue Mountain SUA must be scheduled/ reserved annually by July 1 through the Area Manager.
- All pleasure riding is restricted to dates when no field trials are being conducted.
- A current Arkansas hunting license is required for dog training.
- Dog training is prohibited during organized field trials.
- The area is open for training raccoon dogs at night and rabbit dogs year-round except during organized field trials.
- Quail dog training is allowed from Oct. 1-April 15 except during firearms deer hunts where dogs are not allowed.
- Dove hunting is closed during authorized field trials.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Recreation Other Than Hunting