J. Perry Mikles Blue Mountain SUA
- 2018-19 Waterfowl
- Watrerfowl hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset during waterfowl season.
- 2019-20 Closed
- Bear archery,firearms
- Deer muzzleloader
- Furbearer trapping
- 2019-20 Crow
Sept. 1, 2019-Feb. 21, 2020. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2019-20 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 28, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020.
Deer Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Oct. 5-6, 2019.
Deer Modern Gun (permit hunt): Nov. 13-14, 2019.
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Seasonal limit of three deer; no more than two antlered bucks, which may include:
- Two antlered bucks with archery,
- Three antlerless with archery,
- One antlered buck or antlerless with modern gun permit.
- During youth hunt, youths may take two deer, one antlered buck (no antler restrictions) and one antlerless.
Deer Notes: No antler restrictions. No dogs.
- 2019-20 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2019-20 Squirrel
May 15, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2019 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 6-7, 2019. Two legal turkeys, no more than one jake.
Firearms Hunt: April 8-23, 2019. Two legal turkeys, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
- CWD regulations apply in Logan County.
- This area is closed to all other activities when "Field Trial in Progress" signs are displayed at area headquarters. Click here for a list of scheduled trials.
- The area is closed to all trapping.
- All organized horse and mule events must be scheduled/reserved annually by July 1 through the Area Manager.
- All pleasure riding is restricted to dates when no field trials are being conducted.
- A current Arkansas hunting license is required for dog training.
- Dog training is prohibited during organized field trials.
- The area is open to training raccoon dogs at night and rabbit dogs year-round except during organized field trials.
- Quail dog training is allowed Oct. 1- April 15 except during firearms deer hunts where dogs are not allowed.
- All organized horse and mule events on J. Perry Mikles Blue Mountain SUA are required to be scheduled/reserved annually by July 1 through the Area Manager.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Recreation Other Than Hunting