Harris Brake WMA
- 2019-20 Closed Seasons
- Deer Muzzleloader
- Deer Modern Gun
- Bear Muzzleloader
- Bear Modern Gun
- 2019-20 Crow
Sept. 1, 2019-Feb. 21, 2020. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2019-20 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 28, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020.
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Two deer, no more than one buck, which may include:
- One buck with archery,
- Two does with archery.
- Three-point rule.
- No dogs.
- 2019-20 Quail
Nov. 1, 2019-Feb. 3, 2020. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2019-20 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed.
- 2019-20 Squirrel
May 15, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48. Dogs allowed.
- 2019-20 Waterfowl
- It is unlawful to use any device that simulates wing movement or movement of any kind through electrical or mechanical means, except traditional jerk strings.
- Harris Brake Lake is closed to hunting, except for Canada goose hunting Sept. 1-15.
- Open for waterfowl hunting Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays during waterfowl season.
- Hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until noon, except the Special Youth Waterfowl Hunt and the last two days of the last duck season, when waterfowl hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset.
- Nonresidents need a 5-day Nonresident WMA Waterfowl Hunting Permit (NW5) to hunt waterfowl on this WMA. The permit costs $30.50 and is valid only Nov. 23-Dec.2, Dec. 27-Jan. 5 and Jan. 22-Jan. 31.
- See Notes for Access Regulations.
- 2019 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 28-Nov. 30, 2019.
- Bear seasons close earlier if bear zone quota is reached. Click here for details.
- Statewide bag limit.
- No dogs.
- 2019 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 6-7, 2019. Two legal turkeys, no more than one jake.
Firearms Hunt: April 8-23, 2019. Two legal turkeys, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
- During duck season, other hunters may hunt only during the same hours and days as duck hunters, except for those trapping, rabbit hunting, deer archery hunting, squirrel hunting, rabbit hunting and hunting furbearers at night.
- No boats allowed from 1 p.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 23-Jan. 31.
- Exception -Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m., Dec. 7, Jan. 29-31 and Feb. 8.
- Exception - Boats allowed within Harris Brake Lake
- Closed to all access (except in designated campsites, parking areas, boat launch ramps and boat staging areas) from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 23-Jan. 31 and Feb. 8.
- Airboats may not be operated within Harris Brake WMA (excluding Harris Brake Lake) during duck season.
- WMA Master Plan