Harris Brake WMA
- 2022-23 Closed Seasons
- Bear Modern Gun
- Bear Muzzleloader
- Deer Modern Gun
- Deer Muzzleloader
- 2022-23 Crow
Sept. 1, 2022-Feb. 20, 2023. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2022-23 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 24, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Two deer, no more than one buck, which may include:
- One buck with archery,
- Two does with archery.
- Three-point rule.
- No dogs.
- 2022-23 Quail
Nov. 1, 2022-Feb. 5, 2023. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2022-23 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed.
- 2022-23 Squirrel
May 15, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48. Dogs allowed.
- 2022-23 Waterfowl
- 2022-23 Arkansas Waterfowl Hunting Guidebook
- 2022-23 Statewide Waterfowl Season Dates and Bag Limits
- General WMA Regulations
- No boats allowed Nov. 12-18, 2022, Nov. 28-Dec. 9, 2022 and Dec. 24-25, 2022.
- Closed to all access (except in designated campsites, parking areas and boat launch ramps) from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 19, 2022-Jan. 31, 2023 and Feb. 4, 2023.
- It is unlawful to use any device that simulates wing movement or movement of any kind through electrical or mechanical means, except jerk strings. See exact code.
- Open for waterfowl hunting Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, Special Youth Waterfowl Hunts, Special Military Hunts, Dec. 3, 2022, Feb. 4, 2023 and Jan. 31, 2023.
- Hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until noon, except the Special Youth Waterfowl Hunts, the Special Military Hunts and the last day of the last duck season, when waterfowl hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset.
- During duck season, other hunters may hunt only during the same hours and days as duck hunters, except for those deer archery hunting, squirrel hunting, rabbit hunting and trapping and hunting furbearers at night.
- No boats allowed from 1 p.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 19, 2022-Jan. 31, 2023.
Exception 1 – Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m., Dec. 3, 2022 and Jan. 31, 2023.
Exception 2 – Boats allowed within Harris Brake Lake.
- See Page 44 for boating restrictions.
- Airboats may not be operated within Harris Brake WMA (excluding Harris Brake Lake) during duck season.
- Harris Brake Lake is closed to hunting, except for Canada goose hunting Sept. 1-Oct. 15, 2022.
- 2022 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 17-Nov. 30, 2022
- Statewide bag limit.
- No dogs.
- 2023 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 8-9, 2023. One legal turkey
Firearms Hunt: April 17-May 7, 2023. One legal turkey.
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap on WMAs. Permits are available online by clicking "Buy Licenses" at agfc.com or by calling 833-345-0325 or any regional office.
- Harris Brake Lake is closed except for the early Canada Goose season, Sept. 1-15.
- During duck season, other hunters may hunt only during the same hours and days as duck hunters except for those trapping, rabbit hunting, deer archery hunting, squirrel hunting and hunting furbearers at night.
- For access restrictions that affect all users during waterfowl season, check the waterfowl guidebook.
- WMA Master Plan