Galla Creek WMA
Counties: Pope, Yell
- 2020-21 Closed Seasons
- Deer Muzzleloader
- Bear Muzzleloader
- 2020-21 Crow
Sept. 1, 2020-Feb. 21, 2021. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2020-21 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 26, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021
Deer Muzzleloader: Closed
Deer Modern Gun Hunt (permit hunt): Nov. 14-15, 2020
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 7-8, 2020
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Three deer, no more than two antlered bucks, which may include:
- Two antlered bucks with archery,
- Three antlerless with archery.
- One antlered buck and one antlerless with modern gun permit.
- During youth hunt, youths may take two deer, one antlered buck (no antler restrictions) and one antlerless.
- 2020-21 Quail
Nov. 1, 2020-Feb. 7, 2021. Weekends only. Daily limit 4. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2020-21 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2020-21 Squirrel
May 15, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2020-21 Waterfowl
- No boats allowed Nov. 16-20, Dec. 1-10 and Dec. 24-25.
- It is unlawful to use any device that simulates wing movement or movement of any kind through electrical or mechanical means, except jerk strings. See exact code.
- No boats allowed from 1 p.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 21-Jan. 31.
Exception – Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m., Dec. 5, Jan. 31 and Feb. 6.
- Closed to all access (except in designated parking areas and boat launch ramps) from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 21-Jan. 31 and Feb. 6.
- In addition to a valid Arkansas hunting license, nonresidents need a a valid Arkansas waterfowl stamp (DSN) and a 5-day Nonresident WMA Waterfowl Hunting Permit (NW5) to hunt waterfowl on wildlife management areas. The permit costs $30.50 and is valid only Nov. 21-30, Dec. 27-Jan. 5, Jan. 22-31. It is available online, by telephone or from license dealers. Nonresidents will also need a free WMA General Use permit (WMP) when hunting on any WMA.
- Boating regulations on WMAs and NWRs.
- Airboats may not be operated within Galla Creek WMA during duck season.
- 2020 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 26-Nov. 30, 2020
Bear Modern Gun Hunt: Nov. 14-15, 2020 (deer permit holders only)
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 7-8, 2020
- Statewide bag limit.
- No dogs.
- 2021 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 10-11, 2021. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt (permit required): April 19-21, 2021, April 24-26, 2021 and May 1-3, 2021. One legal turkey, no jakes.
A WMA Turkey Hunt Permit is required to hunt turkeys on this WMA. Click here for details.
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap.
- WMA Master Plan