Galla Creek WMA
Counties: Pope, Yell
- 2022-23 Closed Seasons
- Bear Muzzleloader
- Deer Muzzleloader
- 2022-23 Crow
Sept. 1, 2022-Feb. 20, 2023. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2022-23 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 24, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023
Deer Muzzleloader: Closed
Deer Modern Gun Hunt (permit hunt): Nov. 12-13, 2022
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2022
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Three deer, no more than two antlered bucks, which may include:
- Two antlered bucks with archery,
- Three antlerless with archery.
- One antlered buck and one antlerless with modern gun permit.
- During youth hunt, youths may take two deer, one antlered buck and one antlerless.
- No antler restrictions.
- No dogs.
- 2022-23 Dove
Sept. 3-Oct. 23, 2022 and Dec. 8, 2022-Jan. 15, 2023
Mourning Dove and White-Winged Dove
Daily Limit - 15, possession Limit - 45
No daily or possession limit
Eurasian Collared Doves must remain fully feathered in the field and while being transported from the field.
The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission prepares a few fields each year for the opening weekend of dove season so the public has a place to enjoy this exciting form of wingshooting.
Dove fields on WMAs are available on a first-come, first-served basis. WMA acreage put into dove fields is relatively small because most hunters only pursue doves the first few days of the season. However, after opening weekend of dove season, many wildlife species feed in the fields, particularly those that were topsown with winter wheat.
- 2022-23 Quail
Nov. 1, 2022-Feb. 5, 2023. Weekends only. Daily limit 4. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2022-23 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2022-23 Squirrel
May 15, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2022-23 Waterfowl
- 2022-23 Arkansas Waterfowl Hunting Guidebook
- 2022-23 Statewide Waterfowl Season Dates and Bag Limits
- General WMA Regulations
- No boats allowed Nov. 12-18, 2022, Nov. 28-Dec. 9, 2022 and Dec. 24-25, 2022.
- It is unlawful to use any device that simulates wing movement or movement of any kind through electrical or mechanical means, except jerk strings. See exact code.
- No boats allowed from 1 p.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 19, 2022-Jan. 31, 2023.
Exception 1 – Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m., Dec. 3, 2022 and Jan. 31, 2023.
Exception 2 - Boats allowed on the following waters:
Arkansas River Cutoff west of Flag Lake Road.
- Closed to all access (except in designated parking areas and boat launch ramps) from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 19, 2022-Jan. 31, 2023 and Feb. 4, 2023.
- See Page 44 for boating restrictions.
- Airboats may not be operated within Galla Creek WMA during duck season.
- 2022 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 17-Nov. 30, 2022
Bear Modern Gun Hunt: Nov. 12-13, 2022 (deer permit holders only).
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2022
- Statewide bag limit.
- No dogs.
- 2023 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 8-9, 2023. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt (permit required): April 17-19, April 22-24 and April 29-May 1, 2023. One legal turkey.
A WMA Turkey Hunt Permit is required to hunt turkeys on this WMA. Click here for details.
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap on WMAs. Permits are available online by clicking "Buy Licenses" at agfc.com or by calling 833-345-0325 or any regional office.
- CWD regulations apply.
- For access restrictions that affect all users during waterfowl season, check the waterfowl guidebook.
- WMA Master Plan