Fort Chaffee WMA
Counties: Crawford, Franklin, Logan, Sebastian
- 2019-20 Waterfowl
- Waterfowl hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset during waterfowl season.
- 2020-21 Closed Seasons
- 2020-21 Crow
Sept. 1, 2020-Feb. 21, 2021. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2020-21 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 26, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021
Deer Muzzleloader (permit hunt): Nov. 22, 2020
Deer Modern Gun (permit hunt): Nov. 21, 2020
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Four deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
- Two antlered bucks with archery,
- Four antlerless with archery,
- One antlered or antlerless during muzzleloader permit hunts,
- One antlered or antlerless during modern gun permit hunts.
- A WMA Deer Hunt Permit is required to hunt deer with firearms on this WMA. Click here for details.
- No antler restriction.
- No dogs.
- 2020-21 Quail
Nov. 1, 2020-Feb. 7, 2021. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2020-21 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2020-21 Squirrel
May 15, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2021 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 10-11, 2021. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt: April 19- May 9, 2021. One legal turkey.
- The Fort Chaffee Joint Maneuver Training Center (FCJMTC) has updated the Policy Statement and the Sportsman’s Map. The updated documents are available from the Environmental Office (Building 1370) on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. and are displayed on the legal access gate bulletin boards.
- Persons entering FCJMTC must attend a Sportsman’s Orientation class and comply with post regulations. Class schedule and locations are available by calling 479-484-3596, ext 2.
- Consumptive users must purchase a biennial sportsman’s permit ($20) while nonconsumptive or recreational users are required to have a biennial recreational permit ($5 charge). Both are available at the class. Renewals or replacements are available Tuesdays and Thursdays from the Environmental Office from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- FCJMTC’s modern gun and muzzleloader special hunt permit holders are required to have a current, valid recreational or sportsman’s permit in order to participate. Renewals will no longer be made on the day of the hunt.
- Gates 16 and 22 open at 4:30 a.m. for the special hunts.
- Public use compartments may be closed due to military training. Legal access gates are posted with maps of compartments and calendars of open compartments.
- To contact the post for a list of open compartments, call 479-484-3597.
- Check Legal Access Gate bulletin boards each day.