Fort Chaffee WMA
Counties: Crawford, Franklin, Logan, Sebastian
- 2021-22 Closed Seasons
- 2021-22 Crow
Sept. 2, 2021-Feb. 20, 2022. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2021-22 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 25, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022
Deer Muzzleloader (permit hunt): Nov. 21, 2021
Deer Modern Gun (permit hunt): Nov. 20, 2021
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Four deer, no more than two antlered bucks, which may include:
- Two antlered bucks with archery,
- Four antlerless with archery,
- One antlered buck or antlerless during muzzleloader permit hunt,
- One antlered buck or antlerless during modern gun permit hunt.
- No antler restriction.
- No dogs.
- 2021-22 Dove
Sept. 4-Oct. 24, 2021 and Dec. 8, 2021-Jan. 15, 2022
Mourning Dove and White-Winged Dove
Daily Limit - 15, possession Limit - 45
No daily or possession limit
Eurasian Collared Doves must remain fully feathered in the field and while being transported from the field.
The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission prepares a few fields each year for the opening weekend of dove season so the public has a place to enjoy this exciting form of wingshooting.
Dove fields on WMAs are available on a first-come, first-served basis. WMA acreage put into dove fields is relatively small because most hunters only pursue doves the first few days of the season. However, after opening weekend of dove season, many wildlife species feed in the fields, particularly those that were topsown with winter wheat.
- 2021-22 Quail
Dec. 1, 2021-Feb. 6, 2022. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12.
- 2021-22 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2021-22 Squirrel
May 15, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2021-22 Waterfowl
The 2021-22 Arkansas Waterfowl Hunting Guidebook should be posted online early October. Check back for complete WMA information.
- 2021 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 10-11, 2021. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt: April 19- May 9, 2021. One legal turkey.
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap on WMAs. Permits are available online by clicking "Buy Licenses" at agfc.com or by calling 800-364-4263 or any regional office.
- CWD regulations apply.
- The Fort Chaffee Joint Maneuver Training Center (FCJMTC) has updated the Policy Statement and the Sportsman’s Map. The updated documents are available from the Environmental Office (Building 1370) on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. and are displayed on the legal access gate bulletin boards.
- Persons entering FCJMTC must attend a Sportsman’s Orientation class and comply with post regulations. Class schedule and locations are available by calling 479-484-3596, ext 2.
- Consumptive users must purchase a biennial sportsman’s permit ($20) while nonconsumptive or recreational users are required to have a biennial recreational permit ($5 charge). Both are available at the class. Renewals or replacements are available Tuesdays and Thursdays from the Environmental Office from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- FCJMTC’s modern gun and muzzleloader special hunt permit holders are required to have a current, valid recreational or sportsman’s permit in order to participate. Renewals will no longer be made on the day of the hunt.
- Gates 16 and 22 open at 4:30 a.m. for the special hunts.
- Public use compartments may be closed due to military training.
- Legal access gates are posted with maps of compartments and calendars of open compartments.
- To contact the post for a list of open compartments, call 479- 484-3597.
- Check Legal Access Gate bulletin boards each day.