Ed Gordon Point Remove WMA
Counties: Conway, Pope
- 2021-22 Closed Seasons
- 2021-22 Crow
Sept. 2, 2021-Feb. 20, 2022. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2021-22 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 25, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022
Deer Muzzleloader (permit hunt): Oct. 9-13, 2021
Deer Modern Gun (permit hunt): Nov. 6-10, 2021
Deer Modern Gun Youth: Jan 1-2, 2022
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Three deer, no more than one buck, which may include:
- One buck with archery.
- Three does with archery.
- One buck and two does with muzzleloader permit.
- One buck and two does with modern gun permit.
- 15-inch inside spread or 18-inch main beam rule.
- No dogs.
- Hunters must harvest and check a doe on Ed Gordon Point Remove WMA prior to harvesting a buck.
- A youth is not required to harvest a doe before harvesting a buck during any hunt.
- Antler restrictions do not apply to youths.
- 2021-22 Dove
Sept. 4-Oct. 24, 2021 and Dec. 8, 2021-Jan. 15, 2022
Mourning Dove and White-Winged Dove
Daily Limit - 15, possession Limit - 45
No daily or possession limit
Eurasian Collared Doves must remain fully feathered in the field and while being transported from the field.
The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission prepares a few fields each year for the opening weekend of dove season so the public has a place to enjoy this exciting form of wingshooting.
Dove fields on WMAs are available on a first-come, first-served basis. WMA acreage put into dove fields is relatively small because most hunters only pursue doves the first few days of the season. However, after opening weekend of dove season, many wildlife species feed in the fields, particularly those that were topsown with winter wheat.
- 2021-22 Quail
Nov. 1, 2021-Feb. 6, 2022. Weekends only. Daily limit 4.
- 2021-22 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2021-22 Squirrel
May 15, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2021-22 Waterfowl
The 2021-22 Arkansas Waterfowl Hunting Guidebook should be posted online early October. Check back for complete WMA information.
- 2021 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 25-Nov. 30, 2021
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 9-13, 2021 (deer permit holders only).
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 6-10, 2021 (deer permit holders only).
- Statewide bag limit.
- No dogs.
- Bear Zone 1 quota does not apply on this WMA.
- 2021 Turkey
Firearms Youth Hunt: April 10-11, 2021. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt (permit required): April 19-21, April 24-26 and May 1-3, 2021. One legal turkey, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
- A WMA Turkey Hunt Permit is required to hunt turkeys on this WMA. Click here for details.
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap on WMAs. Permits are available online by clicking "Buy Licenses" at agfc.com or by calling 800-364-4263 or any regional office.
- CWD carcass movement restrictions apply in Pope county.
- Check antler restrictions for important additional information.
- For all hunters except deer modern permit holders during the deer permit hunt, The Steve Frick Waterfowl Rest Area is closed to access Nov. 1 and will reopen to access Feb. 16.
- The Wylie Cox Field Trial Area is open to all hunting following the Ed Gordon Point Remove WMA Season Dates and Bag Limits.
- Dog training is still allowed from Sept. 1-April 1. Dog trainers must possess a current Arkansas hunting license.
- For access restrictions that affect all users during waterfowl season, check the waterfowl guidebook.