Ed Gordon Point Remove WMA
Counties: Conway, Pope
- 2020-21 Closed Seasons
- 2020-21 Crow
Sept. 1, 2020-Feb. 21, 2021. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2020-21 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 26, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021
Deer Muzzleloader (permit hunt): Oct. 10-14, 2020
Deer Modern Gun (permit hunt): Nov. 7-11, 2020
Deer Modern Gun Youth: Jan. 2-3, 2021
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Three deer, no more than one buck, which may include:
- One buck with archery.
- Three does with archery.
- One buck and two does with muzzleloader permit.
- One buck and two does with modern gun permit.
- A WMA Deer Hunt Permit requirement details for permit hunts. Click here for details.
- 15-inch inside spread or 18-inch main beam rule.
- No dogs.
- Hunters must harvest and check a doe on this WMA prior to harvesting a buck. A youth is not required to harvest a doe before harvesting a buck in any hunt.
- Steve Frick Waterfowl Rest Area is open to deer modern gun permit holders only Nov. 7-11.
- CWD carcass movement restrictions apply in Pope County.
- 2020-21 Quail
Nov. 1, 2020-Feb. 7, 2021. Weekends only. Daily limit 4. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2020-21 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2020-21 Squirrel
May 15, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2020-21 Waterfowl
- It is unlawful to use any device that simulates wing movement or movement of any kind through electrical or mechanical means, except jerk strings. See exact code.
- In addition to a valid Arkansas hunting license, nonresidents need a a valid Arkansas waterfowl stamp (DSN) and a 5-day Nonresident WMA Waterfowl Hunting Permit (NW5) to hunt waterfowl on wildlife management areas. The permit costs $30.50 and is valid only Nov. 21-30, Dec. 27-Jan. 5, Jan. 22-31. It is available online, by telephone or from license dealers. Nonresidents will also need a free WMA General Use permit (WMP) when hunting on any WMA.
- See Area Notes for Access Regulations
- 2020 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 26-Nov. 30, 2020
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct 10-14, 2020 (deer permit holders only, zone quota does not apply)
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 7-11, 2020 (deer permit holders only, zone quota does not apply)
- Statewide bag limit.
- No dogs.
- Bear Zone 1 quota does not apply on this WMA.
- 2021 Turkey
Firearms Youth Hunt: April 10-11, 2021. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt (permit required): April 19-21, April 24-26 and May 1-3, 2021. One legal turkey, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
- A WMA Turkey Hunt Permit is required to hunt turkeys on this WMA. Click here for details.
- Area Notes
- Everyone 16 and older must have a free WMA General Use Permit to hunt or trap on any WMA. Click here to get permit.
- For all hunters except deer modern permit holders during the deer permit hunt, the Steve Frick Waterfowl Rest Area is closed to access Nov. 1 and will reopen to access Feb. 16.
- No boating access is allowed five days prior to waterfowl season and during all waterfowl season splits on this WMA.
- No boats allowed from 1 p.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 21-Jan. 31.
Exception 1 – Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m., Dec. 5, Jan. 31 and Feb. 6.
- Closed to all access (except in designated campsites, parking areas and boat launch ramps) from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 21-Jan. 31 and Feb. 6.
- Airboats may not be operated within Ed Gordon Point Remove WMA during duck season.
- The Wylie Cox Field Trial Area is open to all hunting following the Ed Gordon Point Remove WMA Season Dates and Bag Limits.
- Dog training is still allowed from Sept. 1-April 1. Dog trainers must possess a current Arkansas hunting license.
- For access restrictions that affect all users during waterfowl season, check the waterfowl guidebook.
- Boating regulations on WMAs and NWRs.