Ed Gordon Point Remove WMA
Counties: Conway, Pope
- 2022-23 Waterfowl
- 2022-23 Arkansas Waterfowl Hunting Guidebook
- 2022-23 Statewide Waterfowl Season Dates and Bag Limits
- General WMA Regulations
- No boats allowed Nov. 12-18, 2022, Nov. 28-Dec. 9, 2022 and Dec. 24-25, 2022.
Exception- Boats allowed from 4 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. Dec. 3, 2022.
- Closed to all access (except in designated campsites, parking areas and boat launch ramps) from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 19, 2022-Jan. 31, 2023 and Feb. 4, 2023.
- It is unlawful to use any device that simulates wing movement or movement of any kind through electrical or mechanical means, except jerk strings. See exact code.
- No boats allowed from 1 p.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 19, 2022-Jan. 31, 2023.
Exception – Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m., Dec. 3, 2022 and Jan. 31, 2023.
- Airboats may not be operated within Ed Gordon Point Remove WMA during duck season.
- Steve Frick Waterfowl Rest Area is open to deer modern gun permit holders only Nov. 5-9, 2022.
- See Page 44 for boating restrictions.
- 2023-24 Closed Seasons
- 2023-24 Crow
Sept. 1, 2023-Feb. 19, 2024. Open Thursdays through Mondays only. No limit.
- 2023-24 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 23, 2023-Feb. 29, 2024
Deer Muzzleloader (permit hunt): Oct. 14-18, 2023
Deer Modern Gun (permit hunt): Nov. 4-8, 2023
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Jan. 6-7, 2024
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Three deer, no more than one buck, which may include:
- One buck with archery.
- One does with archery.
- One buck and one doe with muzzleloader permit.
- One buck and one doe with modern gun permit.
- 15-inch inside spread or 18-inch main beam rule.
- No dogs.
- Hunters must harvest and check a doe on Ed Gordon Point Remove WMA prior to harvesting a buck.
- A youth is not required to harvest a doe before harvesting a buck during any hunt.
- Antler restrictions do not apply to youths.
- 2023-24 Dove
Sept. 2-Oct. 22, 2023 and Dec. 8, 2023-Jan. 15, 2024
Mourning Dove and White-Winged Dove
Daily Limit - 15, possession Limit - 45
No daily or possession limit
Eurasian Collared Doves must remain fully feathered in the field and while being transported from the field.
The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission prepares a few fields each year for the opening weekend of dove season so the public has a place to enjoy this exciting form of wingshooting.
Dove fields on WMAs are available on a first-come, first-served basis. WMA acreage put into dove fields is relatively small because most hunters only pursue doves the first few days of the season. However, after opening weekend of dove season, many wildlife species feed in the fields, particularly those that were topsown with winter wheat.
- 2023-24 Quail
Nov. 1, 2023-Feb. 4, 2024. Weekends only. Limit - four.
While training bird dogs, you may use handguns or shotguns with blank ammunition. Pen-raised quail may be taken with a Shoot-To-Kill Bird Dog Field Training Permit. This permit is available from your local wildlife officer.
- 2023-24 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2023-Feb. 29, 2024. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16.
- 2023-24 Squirrel
May 15, 2023-Feb. 29, 2024. Dogs allowed. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2023 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 13-Nov. 30, 2023
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 14-18, 2023 (deer permit holders only).
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 4-8, 2023 (deer permit holders only).
- Statewide bag limit.
- No dogs.
- Bear Zone 1 quota does not apply on this WMA.
- 2024 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 6-7, 2024. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt (permit required): April 15-17, April 20-22 and April 27-29, 2024. One legal turkey.
- A WMA Turkey Hunt Permit is required to hunt turkeys on this WMA. Click here for details.
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap on WMAs. Permits are available online by clicking "Buy Licenses" at agfc.com or by calling 800-364-4263 or any regional office.
- CWD carcass movement restrictions apply in Pope county.
- Check antler restrictions for important additional information.
- For all hunters except deer modern permit holders during the deer permit hunt, The Steve Frick Waterfowl Rest Area is closed to access Nov. 1 and will reopen to access Feb. 16.
- The Wylie Cox Field Trial Area is open to all hunting following the Ed Gordon Point Remove WMA Season Dates and Bag Limits.
- Dog training is still allowed from Sept. 1-April 1. Dog trainers must possess a current Arkansas hunting license.
- For access restrictions that affect all users during waterfowl season, check the waterfowl guidebook.