Ed Gordon Point Remove WMA
Counties: Conway, Pope
- 2019-20 Closed Seasons
- 2019-20 Crow
Sept. 1, 2019-Feb. 21, 2020. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2019-20 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 28, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020.
Deer Muzzleloader (permit hunt): Oct. 12-16, 2019.
Deer Modern Gun (permit hunt): Nov. 2-6, 2019.
Deer Modern Gun (youth permit hunt): Jan. 4-5, 2020.
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Three deer, no more than one buck, which may include:
- One buck with archery.
- Three does with archery.
- One buck and two does with muzzleloader permit.
- One buck and two does with modern gun permit.
- A WMA Deer Hunt Permit is required to hunt deer with firearms on this WMA. Click here for details.
- 15-inch inside spread or 18-inch main beam rule.
- No dogs.
- Hunters must harvest and check a doe on this WMA prior to harvesting a buck. A youth is not required to harvest a doe before harvesting a buck in any hunt.
- There are no antler restrictions for the youth permit hunt.
- CWD regulations apply in Pope County.
- 2019-20 Quail
Nov. 1, 2019-Feb. 3, 2020. Weekends only. Limit 4. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2019-20 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2019-20 Squirrel
May 15, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2019-20 Waterfowl
- It is unlawful to use any device that simulates wing movement or movement of any kind through electrical or mechanical means, except traditional jerk strings.
- Nonresidents need a 5-day Nonresident WMA Waterfowl Hunting Permit (NW5) to hunt waterfowl on this WMA. The permit costs $30.50 and is valid only Nov. 23-Dec.2, Dec. 27-Jan. 5 and Jan. 22-Jan. 31.
- See Area Notes for Access Regulations
- 2019 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 28-Nov. 30, 2019.
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 12-16, 2019 (deer permit holders only).
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 2-6, 2019 (deer permit holders only).
- Statewide bag limit.
- No dogs.
- Bear seasons close earlier if bear zone quota is reached. Click here for details.
- 2020 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 11-12, 2020. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt (permit required): April 13-15, April 18-20 and April 25-27, 2020. One legal turkey, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
- A WMA Turkey Hunt Permit is required to hunt turkeys on this WMA. Click here for details.
- Everyone 16 and older must have a free WMA General Use Permit to hunt or trap on any WMA. Click here to get permit.
- For all hunters except deer modern gun permit holders during the deer permit hunt, the Steve Frick WaterfowlÊRest Area is closed to access Nov. 1 and will reopen to access Feb. 16.
- No boats allowed from 1 p.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 23-Jan. 31.
- Exception 1- Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m., Dec. 7, Jan. 29-31 and Feb. 8.
- Exception 2 -Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. on the following waters:
- West Fork Point Remove Creek
- East Fork Point Remove Creek
- Closed to all access (except in designated campsites, parking areas, boat launch ramps and boat staging areas) from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 23-Jan. 31 and Feb. 8.
- Airboats may not be operated within Ed Gordon Point Remove WMA during duck season.
- Crow, dove, rabbit and squirrel seasons are open on the Wylie Cox Field Special Use Area unless closed by reservation (field trial, etc.), permit hunt, or for administration/maintenance.
- Closure schedule will be displayed at the SUA clubhouse.
- Dog training is allowed Sept. 1-April 1. Dog trainers must possess a current Arkansas hunting license. The area closes to dog training during field trials. The area includes 140 acres east of Cargile Lake and south and west of County Road 26.