Counties: Franklin, Johnson, Logan, Pope, Yell
- 2021-22 Closed Seasons
- 2021-22 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 25, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022
Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area: Sept. 25-Oct. 31, 2021 and Feb. 16-28, 2022
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 16-24, 2021 and Dec. 11-13, 2021
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 13-Dec. 5, 2021 (dogs allowed except on islands) and Dec. 26-28, 2021 (no dogs)
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 6-7, 2021 and Jan. 1-2, 2022 (no dogs)
Deer Special Modern Gun Mobility Impaired (permit hunt): Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area only: Nov. 2-4, 2021. Five permits for Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area. (no dogs) Call the Corps of Engineers at 479-968-5008. Shotguns with slugs and muzzleloaders shooting a single projectile may be used for the hunt on the Johnson County WRA.
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Four deer, no more than two antlered bucks, which may include:
- Two antlered bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
- Four antlerless with archery.
- One antlerless with muzzleloader or modern gun.
- During youth hunt, youths may take three deer, two antlered bucks and one antlerless.
- During mobility impaired hunt, mobility impaired hunters may take two deer, two antlered bucks or two antlerless with permit.
- No antler restriction.
- 2021-22 Dove
Sept. 4-Oct. 24, 2021 and Dec. 8, 2021-Jan. 15, 2022
Mourning Dove and White-Winged Dove
Daily Limit - 15, possession Limit - 45
No daily or possession limit
Eurasian Collared Doves must remain fully feathered in the field and while being transported from the field.
The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission prepares a few fields each year for the opening weekend of dove season so the public has a place to enjoy this exciting form of wingshooting.
Dove fields on WMAs are available on a first-come, first-served basis. WMA acreage put into dove fields is relatively small because most hunters only pursue doves the first few days of the season. However, after opening weekend of dove season, many wildlife species feed in the fields, particularly those that were topsown with winter wheat.
- 2021-22 Waterfowl
- 2021-22 Arkansas Waterfowl Hunting Guidebook
- 2021-22 Statewide Waterfowl Season Dates and Bag Limits
- General WMA Regulations
- Waterfowl hunting is not allowed on that part of Big Spadra and Little Spadra creeks north of the railroad, east of Crawford Street, south of I-40 and west of Arkansas Highway 103.
- Waterfowl hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset during the waterfowl season. Waterfowl hunting ends at noon on the McKennon Bottoms and the Potter’s Pothole Units although hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset Jan. 31, 2022 and during the Special Youth Waterfowl Hunts and Special Military Hunts, Dec. 4, 2021 and Feb. 5, 2022.
- Dogs and hunting or trapping devices are not allowed on Johnson County WRA. Access on Johnson County WRA on Nov. 2-4, 2021 is limited to Mobility Impaired Permit Gun Deer permit holders.
- Additional Corps of Engineers regulations apply. Contact COE, P.O. Box 1087, Russellville, AR 72801, 479-968-5008
- 2022-23 Crow
Sept. 1, 2022-Feb. 20, 2023. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2022-23 Quail
Nov. 1, 2022-Feb. 5, 2023. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area, Horsehead Creek and Bob Young WRA are closed. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2022-23 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Closed on Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area. Dogs allowed except during muzzleloader deer hunt, Dec. 26-28 or on the islands during any firearms deer hunts.
- 2022-23 Squirrel
- May 15, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts when dogs are not allowed. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- Squirrel season is closed on Johnson County WRA on Dardanelle WMA.
- 2022 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 9-10, 2022. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt: April 18-May 8, 2022. One legal turkey.
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap on WMAs. Permits are available online by clicking "Buy Licenses" at agfc.com or by calling 800-364-4263 or any regional office.
- CWD regulations apply in Johnson, Logan, Pope and Yell counties.
- The WMA boundary includes lands within the Corps of Engineers boundary, including islands and shoreline acreage.
- Additional Corps of Engineers regulations apply. Contact Corps of Engineers, P.O. Box 1087, Russellville, AR 72801, 479-968-5008.
- Dogs, hunting or trapping equipment are not allowed on Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area, except as noted above.
- Horsehead Creek and Bob Young WRAs are closed to all hunting and trespassing from Nov. 1-Feb. 15 and will reopen Feb. 16.
- Johnson County WRA closes to access Nov. 1 and reopens to access Feb. 16 except for mobility impaired deer hunt permit hunters.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers