Counties: Franklin, Johnson, Logan, Pope, Yell
- 2020-21 Closed Seasons
- 2020-21 Crow
Sept. 1, 2020-Feb. 21, 2021. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2020-21 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 26, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021
Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area: Sep. 26-Oct. 31, 2020 and Feb. 16-28, 2021
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 17-25, 2020 and Dec. 12-14, 2020
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 14-Dec. 6, 2020 (dogs allowed except on islands) and Dec. 26-28 (no dogs), 2020.
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 7-8, 2020 and Jan. 2-3, 2021 (no dogs).
Deer Special Modern Gun Mobility Impaired (permit hunt): Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area only: Nov. 3-5, 2020. Five permits for Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area (no dogs). Call the Corps of Engineers at 479-968-5008 ext. 268. Shotguns with slugs and muzzleloaders shooting a single projectile may be used for the hunt on the Johnson County WRA.
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Four deer, no more than two antlered bucks, which may include:
- Two antlered bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
- Four antlerless with archery.
- One antlerless with muzzleloader or modern gun.
- During youth hunt, youths may take three deer, two antlered bucks (no antler restrictions) and one antlerless.
- During mobility impaired hunt, mobility-impaired hunters may take two deer, two antlered bucks (no antler restrictions) or two antlerless on the Johnson County WRA
- No antler restrictions.
- CWD regulations apply in Johnson, Logan, Pope and Yell counties.
- 2020-21 Quail
Nov. 1, 2020-Feb. 7, 2021. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area, Horsehead Creek and Bob Young WRA are closed. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2020-21 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Closed on Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area. Dogs allowed except during muzzleloader deer hunt, Dec. 26-28 or on the islands during any firearms deer hunts.
- 2020-21 Squirrel
- May 15, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts when dogs are not allowed. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- Squirrel season is closed on Johnson County WRA on Dardanelle WMA.
- 2020-21 Waterfowl
- Waterfowl hunting is not allowed on that part of Big Spadra and Little Spadra creeks north of the railroad, east of Crawford Street, south of I-40 and west of Arkansas Highway 103.
- Waterfowl hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset during the waterfowl season. Waterfowl hunting ends at noon on the McKennon Bottoms and the Potter’s Pothole Units although hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset Jan. 31 and during the Special Youth Waterfowl Hunts and Special Military Hunts, Dec. 5 and Feb. 6.
- Dogs and hunting or trapping devices are not allowed on Johnson County WRA. Access on Johnson County WRA on Nov. 3-5 is limited to Mobility Impaired Permit Gun Deer permit holders.
- Additional Corps of Engineers regulations apply. Contact COE, P.O. Box 1087, Russellville, AR 72801, 479-968-5008
- 2021 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 10-11, 2021. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt: April 19-May 9, 2021. One legal turkey (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap.
- The WMA boundary includes lands within the Corps of Engineers boundary, including islands and shoreline acreage.
- Additional Corps of Engineers regulations apply. Contact Corps of Engineers, P.O. Box 1087, Russellville, AR 72801, 479-968-5008.
- Dogs, hunting or trapping equipment are not allowed on Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area, except as noted above.
- Horsehead Creek and Bob Young WRAs are closed to all hunting and trespassing from Nov. 1-Feb. 15 and will reopen Feb. 16.
- Johnson County WRA closes to access Nov. 1 and reopens to access Feb. 16 except for mobility impaired deer hunt permit hunters.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers