Counties: Franklin, Johnson, Logan, Pope, Yell
- 2019-20 Crow
Sept. 1, 2019-Feb. 21, 2020. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2019-20 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 28, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020.
Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area: Sept. 28-Oct. 31, 2019 and Feb. 15-29, 2020.
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 19-27 and Dec. 14-16, 2019.
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 9- Dec. 1 (dogs allowed except on islands) and Dec. 26-28 (no dogs), 2019.
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 2-3, 2019 and Jan. 4-5, 2020 (no dogs).
Deer Special Modern Gun Mobility Impaired (permit hunt): Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area only: Oct. 31-Nov. 2. Five permits for Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area (no dogs). Call the Corps of Engineers at 479-968-5008 ext. 268. Shotguns with slugs and muzzleloaders shooting a single projectile may be used for the hunt on the Johnson County WRA.
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Four deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
- Two antlered bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
- Four antlerless with archery.
- One antlerless with muzzleloader or modern gun.
- During youth hunt, youths may take three deer, two antlered bucks (no antler restrictions) and one antlerless.
- During mobility impaired hunt, mobility-impaired hunters may take two deer, two antlered bucks (no antler restrictions) and two antlerless with permit.
- No antler restrictions.
- CWD regulations apply in Johnson, Logan, Pope and Yell counties.
- 2019-20 Quail
Nov. 1, 2019-Feb. 3, 2020. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area, Horsehead Creek and Bob Young WRA are closed. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2019-20 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Closed on Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area. Dogs allowed except during muzzleloader deer hunt, Dec. 26-28 or on the islands during any firearms deer hunts.
- 2019-20 Squirrel
May 15, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts when dogs are not allowed. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2019-20 Waterfowl
- Click here for statewide waterfowl dates and limits
- Waterfowl hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset during the waterfowl season.
- Waterfowl hunting ends at noon on McKennon Bottoms and Potter's Pothole Units, except Dec. 7, Jan. 29-31 and Feb. 8, when it is allowed from 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset.
- Waterfowl hunting is not allowed on that part of Big Spadra and Little Spadra creeks north of the railroad, east of Crawford Street, south of I-40 and west of Arkansas Highway 103.
- 2020 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 11-12, 2020. Two legal turkeys, no more than one jake.
Firearms Hunt: April 13-28, 2020. Two legal turkeys, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
- The WMA boundary includes lands within the Corps of Engineers boundary, including islands and shoreline acreage.
- Additional Corps of Engineers regulations apply. Contact Corps of Engineers, P.O. Box 1087, Russellville, AR 72801, 479-968-5008.
- Dogs, hunting or trapping equipment are not allowed on Johnson County Waterfowl Rest Area, except as noted above.Access on Johnson County WRA on Oct. 31-Nov. 2 is limited to Mobility Impaired Permit Gun Deer permit holders.
- Horsehead Creek and Bob Young WRAs are closed to all hunting and trespassing from Nov. 1-Feb. 15.
- Johnson County WRA closes to access Nov. 1 and reopens to access Feb. 16 except for mobility-impaired deer hunt permit holders.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers