Cypress Bayou WMA
Counties: Lonoke, White
- 2021-22 Closed Seasons
- 2021-22 Crow
Sept. 2, 2021-Feb. 20, 2022. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2021-22 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 25, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022
Deer Muzzleloader (permit hunt): Oct. 16-20, 2021
Deer Modern Gun (permit hunt): Nov. 13-17, 2021
Deer Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 6-7, 2021 and Jan. 1-2, 2022
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Three deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
- Two bucks with archery,
- Three does with archery,
- One buck or doe with muzzleloader permit,
- One buck or doe with modern gun permit.
- During youth hunt, youths may take three deer, two bucks (no antler restrictions) and one doe.
- Three-point rule.
- No dogs.
- 2021-22 Quail
Nov. 1, 2021-Feb. 6, 2022. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2021-22 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2021-22 Squirrel
May 15, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2021-22 Waterfowl
- 2021-22 Arkansas Waterfowl Hunting Guidebook
- 2021-22 Statewide Waterfowl Season Dates and Bag Limits
- General WMA Regulations
- No boats allowed Nov. 15-19, Nov.30-Dec. 10 and Dec. 24-25.
- It is unlawful to use any device that simulates wing movement or movement of any kind through electrical or mechanical means, except jerk strings. See exact code.
- See Page 44 for boating restrictions.
- Airboats may not be operated within Cypress Bayou WMA during duck season.
Red Cut Slough Waterfowl Permit Sites Map Online Draw Dates 2021-22 WMA Waterfowl Hunt Application Totals
- From Nov. 20-29, 2021 and Dec 11-23, 2021 and Dec. 26, 2021-Jan. 31, 2022, Red Cut Slough Tract on Cypress Bayou WMA is open for waterfowl hunting only on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Saturdays and Sundays. Anyone entering flooded areas must have a signed Cypress Bayou Waterfowl Hunting Daily Use Permit on their person.
- On Tuesdays and Thursdays, non-restricted permits are available at the parking area. Hunters are not restricted to designated locations on these days.
- On Saturdays and Sundays, a limited number of permits will be available by online drawing. Permits will be for designated locations. There may be a total of four hunters per party for each location drawn. All members of each hunting party must hunt within immediate proximity of each other.
- Applications will be accepted online for each hunt period from 3 p.m.Thursday through midnight Sunday of the weekend immediately preceding the hunt. Permits will be drawn and winners notified via email the Monday preceding the hunt. Visit
www.agfc.comand click on “Buy License” to apply.
- All permits must be carried while hunting, completed and returned to the collection box at the end of the hunt.
- Permits are not required during the Youth/Veteran Waterfowl Hunt.
- 2021 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 10-11, 2021. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt: April 19 -27, 2021. One legal turkey. (Youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
- About the Name
Cypress Bayou WMA is named after the bayou that flows through the area.
- Area Notes
Camping is not allowed on the WMA.
Cypress Bayou WMA encompasses 1,503 acres in northern Lonoke and southern White counties. The management area was acquired through the Farmers Home Administration program in 1989 and most of the area was reforested with mixed hardwood species in the early 1990s.
- Hunting Opportunities
Hunting opportunities exist for deer, turkey and small game.
- Recreation Other Than Hunting
A small 6-acre pond is adjacent to the parking on Arkansas Highway 31, and provides fishing opportunities for bream, catfish and bass.
- Restaurants and Other Facilities
The city of Beebe is about 8 miles north and provides lodging and restaurant accommodations.