Cut-Off Creek WMA
- 2019-20 Crow
Sept. 1, 2019-Feb. 21, 2020. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2019-20 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 28, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020.
Deer Muzzleloader (permit hunt): Oct. 19-23, 2019.
Deer Modern Gun (permit hunt): Nov. 9-13, 2019.
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Four deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
- Two bucks with archery,
- Four does with archery,
- One buck and one doe with muzzleloader permit,
- One buck and one doe with modern gun permit.
- 15-inch inside spread or 18-inch main beam rule.
- No dogs.
- 2019-20 Quail
Nov. 1, 2019-Feb. 3, 2020. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2019-20 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2019-20 Squirrel
May 15, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2019-20 Waterfowl
- Click here for statewide waterfowl dates and limits.
- It is unlawful to use any device that simulates wing movement or movement of any kind through electrical or mechanical means, except traditional jerk strings.
- Waterfowl hunters may not possess shot shells containing shot larger than No. 2 and may possess no more than 15 shells unless hunters are in camping, parking or boat launching areas or during the Special Youth Waterfowl Hunt.
- Nonresidents need a 5-day Nonresident WMA Waterfowl Hunting Permit (NW5) to hunt waterfowl on this WMA. The permit costs $30.50 and is valid only Nov. 23-Dec.2, Dec. 27-Jan. 5 and Jan. 22-Jan. 31.
- See Area Notes for Access Regulations
- 2020 Turkey
Youth Hunt (permit required): April 11-12, 2020. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt (permit required): April 13-15, April 18-20, and April 25-27, 2020. One legal turkey, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal bag limit).
Archery Hunt (no permit required): April 16-17 and April 21-24, 2020. Two legal turkeys, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
- A WMA Turkey Hunt Permit is required to hunt turkeys on this WMA. Click here for details.
- Pigeon Creek Waterfowl Rest Area closes to access and hunting from Nov. 1-Feb. 15.
- Travel by boat is allowed only on Cut-off Creek. No boats allowed from 1 p.m.-4 a.m., Nov. 23-Jan. 31.
- Exception 1 - Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m., Dec. 7, Jan. 29-31 and Feb. 8.
- Exception 2 - Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. on the following waters:
- Cut-Off Creek
- Closed to all access (except in designated campsites, parking areas, boat launch ramps and boat staging areas) from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 23-Jan. 31 and Feb. 8.
- Airboats may not be operated during duck season.
- WMA Master Plan