Cut-Off Creek WMA
- 2019-20 Waterfowl
- Click here for statewide waterfowl dates and limits.
- It is unlawful to use any device that simulates wing movement or movement of any kind through electrical or mechanical means, except traditional jerk strings.
- Waterfowl hunters may not possess shot shells containing shot larger than No. 2 and may possess no more than 15 shells unless hunters are in camping, parking or boat launching areas or during the Special Youth Waterfowl Hunt.
- Nonresidents need a 5-day Nonresident WMA Waterfowl Hunting Permit (NW5) to hunt waterfowl on this WMA. The permit costs $30.50 and is valid only Nov. 23-Dec.2, Dec. 27-Jan. 5 and Jan. 22-Jan. 31.
- See Area Notes for Access Regulations
- 2020-21 Crow
Sept. 1, 2020-Feb. 21, 2021. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2020-21 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 26, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021
Deer Muzzleloader (permit hunt): Oct. 17-21, 2020
Deer Modern Gun (permit hunt): Nov. 14-18, 2020
Deer Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 7-8, 2020 and Jan. 2-3, 2021
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Four deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
- Two legal bucks with archery,
- Four does with archery,
- One legal buck and one doe with muzzleloader permit,
- One legal buck and one doe with modern gun permit.
- Modern gun special youth hunt limit is four deer, no more than two legal bucks (no antler restrictions) and two does
- 15-inch inside spread or 18-inch main beam rule.
- No dogs.
- 2020-21 Quail
Nov. 1, 2020-Feb. 7, 2021. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2020-21 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2020-21 Squirrel
May 15, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2021 Turkey
Archery Hunt (no permit required): April 22-23, 2021 and April 27-30, 2021. One legal turkey.
Firearms Youth Hunt (permit required): April 10-11, 2021. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt (permit required): April 19–21, 2021, April 24-26, 2021 and May 1-3, 2021. One legal turkey.
- A WMA Turkey Hunt Permit is required to hunt turkeys on this WMA. Click here for details.
- Pigeon Creek Waterfowl Rest Area closes to access and hunting from Nov. 1-Feb. 15.
- Travel by boat is allowed only on Cut-off Creek. No boats allowed from 1 p.m.-4 a.m., Nov. 23-Jan. 31.
- Exception 1 - Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m., Dec. 7, Jan. 29-31 and Feb. 8.
- Exception 2 - Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m. on the following waters:
- Cut-Off Creek
- Closed to all access (except in designated campsites, parking areas, boat launch ramps and boat staging areas) from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 23-Jan. 31 and Feb. 8.
- Airboats may not be operated during duck season.
- WMA Master Plan