Camp Robinson WMA
Counties: Faulkner, Pulaski
- 2021-22 Closed Seasons
- Bear muzzleloader
- Bear modern gun
- All trapping
- 2021-22 Crow
Sept. 2, 2021-Feb. 20, 2022. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2021-22 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 25, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022
Deer Muzzleloader (permit hunt): Nov. 20-21, 2021
Deer Modern Gun (permit hunt): Nov. 25-28, 2021. This area has special firearms restrictions; see Area Notes.
Deer Modern Gun Youth hunt: Oct. 2-3, 2021. This area has special firearms restrictions; see Area Notes.
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Four deer, no more than one buck, which may include:
- One buck with archery, muzzleloader permit or modern gun permit,
- Four does with archery,
- One doe with muzzleloader permit.
- One doe with modern gun permit.
- During youth hunt, youths may take two deer, one buck (no antler restrictions) and one doe.
- Three-point rule.
- No dogs.
- 2021-22 Fox, Bobcat and Coyote
Fox, bobcat and coyote may be taken during daylight hours.
- 2021-22 Quail
Nov. 1, 2021-Feb. 6, 2022. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2021-22 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2021-22 Squirrel
Sept. 1, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2021-22 Waterfowl
- 2021-22 Arkansas Waterfowl Hunting Guidebook
- 2021-22 Statewide Waterfowl Season Dates and Bag Limits
- General WMA Regulations
- No boats allowed Nov. 15-19, 2021 Nov.30-Dec. 10, 2021 and Dec. 24-25, 2021.
- Closed to all access (except in designated campsites, parking areas and boat launch ramps) from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 20, 2021-Jan. 31, 2022 and Feb. 5, 2022.
- It is unlawful to use any device that simulates wing movement or movement of any kind through electrical or mechanical means, except jerk strings. See exact code.
- Waterfowl hunters may not possess shot shells containing shot larger than No. 2 and may possess no more than 15 shells unless hunters are in camping, parking or boat launching areas or during Special Youth Waterfowl Hunts and Special Military Hunts, Dec. 4, 2021 and Feb. 5, 2022.
- No boats allowed from 1 p.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 20, 2021-Jan. 31, 2022.
Exception – Boats allowed from 1 p.m. until 6:30 p.m., Dec. 4, 2021 and Jan. 31, 2022.
See Page 44 for boating restrictions.
- Hunters gaining access to Grassy Lake from Bell Slough are not required to have a sportsman’s pass from the military base, however they must stay in or on the water.
- A General Use Permit (WMP) is required. All hunters should contact the Visitor Center at the front gate for current access procedures. Call 501-212-4090 or visit https://arkansas.nationalguard.mil/Home/Camp-Robinson-Maneuver-Training-Center/ for additional information. Vehicular access is limited to designated improved surface roads. For access restrictions that affect all users during waterfowl season, check the waterfowl guidebook or visit www.agfc.com/camprobinsonwma. Military Department activities take precedence over recreational activities and may cause changes to access requirements, dates and available training areas without notice.
- 2021 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 25-Nov. 30, 2021
Bear Firearms: Closed
- Statewide bag limit.
- No dogs.
- Bear seasons close earlier if bear zone quota is reached. Click here for details.
- 2021 Turkey
Includes Bell Slough WMA
Firearms Hunt (permit required): April 19-21, 2021, April 26-28, 2021 and May 3-5, 2021. One legal turkey.
- A WMA Turkey Hunt Permit is required to hunt turkeys on this WMA. Click here for details.
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap on WMAs. Permits are available online by clicking "Buy Licenses" at agfc.com or by calling 800-364-4263 or any regional office.
- Weapons are restricted to archery, shotgun and muzzleloader only.
- All hunters should contact the Visitor Center at the front gate for current access procedures. Call 501-212-4090 or visit visit https://arkansas. nationalguard.mil/Home/Camp-Robinson- Maneuver-Training-Center/.
- Vehicular access is limited to designated improved surface roads.
- For access restrictions that affect all users during waterfowl season, check the waterfowl guidebook or visit www.agfc.com/camprobinsonwma.
- Military Department activities take precedence over recreational activities and may cause changes to access requirements, dates and available training areas without notice.
9,319 acres owned by the National Guard
- Policy No. 20190717, Recreational Use Policy
a. In accordance with Command Policy No. 2015- 10-08 Civilian Weapons Possession and Camp Joseph T. Robinson Maneuver Training Center and Command Policy No. 2015-10-13 Civilian Access Requirements, all civilian personnel accessing RMTC for recreational use will be required to apply for a Recreational Pass Effective immediately, the Sportsman Membership Card will be referred to as the Recreational Pass. Background checks (ACIC) will be conducted on ALL civilian personnel applying for a Recreational Pass regardless of status. Recreational Passes are valid for 90 days. Once the 90 days have expired, the individual will once again have to submit for a background check (ACIC) in order to renew the pass for an additional 90 days.
b. Recreational Passes will not be issued as a result of the following:
(1) Possession of an active warrant.
(2) Possession of an un-expunged or unpardoned felony conviction ever.
(3) Registered sex offender in any state, the District of Columbia or any U.S. territory.
(4) Conviction of a misdemeanor or a felony crime of domestic violence.
c. A valid ID, vehicle registration and proof of insurance are required for a Recreational Pass. Random additional inspections may be imposed at any time.
d. Personnel can apply for and receive Recreational Passes two days a week (Monday and Thursday) 8:00 am - 11:00 am and 12:00 pm -3:00 pm, at the RMTC Visitors Center.
e. Effective August 1, 2019, only 800 Recreational Passes will be issued for each year on a first come, first served basis.
f. All previous Sportsman Passes issued prior to August 1, 2019 will remain in effect until the expiration date. Once the Sportsman Pass has expired, the new Recreational Pass Policy will be in effect.
g. The Recreational Pass and a Hold Harmless Release is required for all hunting, fishing, biking or other recreational activities.