Bell Slough WMA
Counties: Faulkner, Pulaski
- 2021-22 Closed Seasons
- Deer muzzleloader
- Deer modern gun
- Bear modern gun
- 2021-22 Crow
Sept. 2, 2021-Feb. 20, 2022. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2021-22 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 25, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022
Deer Muzzleloader (Permit Hunt): Oct. 16-20, 2021
Modern Gun (special youth hunts): Nov. 6-7, 2021
Modern Gun: Closed
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Four deer, no more than two antlered bucks, which may include:
- Two antlered bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
- Four antlerless with archery
- Two antlerless with muzzleloader or modern gun,
- During youth hunt, youths may take four deer, two antlered bucks and two antlerless.
- Three-point rule.
- No dogs.
- 2021-22 Quail
Nov. 1, 2021-Feb. 6, 2022. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2021-22 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed.
- 2021-22 Squirrel
May 15, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2021-22 Waterfowl
The 2021-22 Arkansas Waterfowl Hunting Guidebook should be posted online early October. Check back for complete WMA information.
- 2021 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 25-Nov. 30, 2021
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 16-20, 2021
- Statewide limit.
- No dogs.
- Bear seasons close earlier if bear zone quota is reached.
- 2021 Turkey
Includes Camp Robinson WMA
Firearms Hunt (permit required): April 19-21, 2021, April 26-28, 2021 and May 3-5, 2021. One legal turkey.
- A WMA Turkey Hunt Permit is required to hunt turkeys on this WMA. Click here for details.
Access to Bell Slough is available from Grassy Lake Road and from the backside of the Lake Conway Dam.
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap on WMAs. Permits are available online by clicking "Buy Licenses" at agfc.com or by calling 800-364-4263 or any regional office.
- The Palarm Creek Waterfowl Rest Area closes to access Nov. 1 and reopens to access Feb. 16.
- For access restrictions that affect all users during waterfowl season, check the waterfowl guidebook.
Bell Slough WMA consists of 2,040 acres of woodlands and wetlands nestled between Little Rock and the growing city of Conway. Palarm Creek Rest Area offers birders a chance to view waterfowl, shorebirds and Neotropical migrants, and provides feeding and loafing habitat for migrating waterfowl.
- Hunting Opportunities
Waterfowl hunting is available at Bell Slough. Mallards, gadwall and wood ducks are the primary waterfowl species seen on the area during winter. Bowhunting for deer and squirrel hunting are available on the area as well.
Bell Slough WMA lies just south of Mayflower off Interstate 40.
- Recreation Other Than Hunting
The area is home to Kenny Vernon Nature Trail and Bell Slough Water Trail. These trails offer excellent bird-watching and the hiking trail boasts an observation area with mounted binoculars near Palarm Creek Waterfowl Rest Area.
- Restaurants and Other Facilities
Restaurants are available in Mayflower, Conway and Little Rock, all less than a 15-minute drive from the area.
Because the area is home to a nature trail, hunters should pay particular attention to hikers and birdwatchers who may not be wearing safety orange. Hikers and birdwatchers are strongly encouraged to wear safety orange during hunting seasons.