Bearcat Hollow WMA
- 2023-24 Closed Seasons
- 2023-24 Crow
Sept. 1, 2023-Feb. 19, 2024. Open Thursdays through Mondays only. No limit.
- 2023-24 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 23, 2023-Feb. 29, 2024
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 21-29, 2023 and Dec. 9-11, 2023
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 11-Dec. 3, 2023 and Dec. 26-28, 2023
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 4-5, 2023 and Jan. 6-7, 2024
Deer Modern Gun (Mobility Impaired Permit Hunt): Oct. 7-8, 2023
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Three deer, no more than two antlered bucks, which may include:
- Two antlered bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun (no antler restrictions),
- Three antlerless with archery,
- One antlerless deer with muzzleloader or modern gun.
- During youth hunt, youths may take three deer, two antlered bucks and one antlerless.
- No antler restrictions.
- No dogs.
- 2023-24 Quail
Nov. 1, 2023-Feb. 5, 2024. Daily limit – 6, possession limit -12.
While training bird dogs, you may use handguns or shotguns with blank ammunition. Pen-raised quail may be taken with a Shoot-To-Kill Bird Dog Field Training Permit. This permit is available from your local wildlife officer.
- 2023-24 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2023-Feb. 29, 2024. Daily limit – 8, possession limit – 16.
- 2023-24 Squirrel
May 15, 2023-Feb. 29, 2024. No dogs allowed Nov.11-19, 2023. Daily limit – 12, possession limit – 48.
- 2023 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 13-Nov. 30, 2023
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 21-29, 2023
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 11-30, 2023
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 4-5, 2023
Bear Modern Gun Mobility Impaired (permit hunt): Oct. 7-8, 2023
- Statewide bag limit.
- No dogs.
- Bear seasons close earlier if bear zone quota is reached. Click here for details.
- 2023 Elk
Elk (permit hunt): Oct. 2-6 and Oct. 30-Nov. 3, 2023
Elk Youth (permit hunt): Oct. 7-8 and Oct. 28-29, 2023
- 2024 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 6-7, 2024. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt: April 15-May 5, 2024. One legal turkey.
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap on WMAs. Permits are available online by clicking “Buy Licenses” at agfc.com or by calling 833-345-0325 or any regional office.
- CWD regulations apply. Due to ongoing research, collared or ear-tagged deer may be present. Research deer are legal for harvest. Tag and check research deer as required and call 833-289-2469 within 12 hours of harvest.
- Contact the USDA Forest Service for a mobility impaired modern gun permit application at 479-284-3150. Refer to USDA Forest Service website for more information.
USDA Forest Service