Applications for 2018 summer internships available
Jan. 24, 2018
Assistant Chief of Communications
LITTLE ROCK – The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission is accepting applications for summer internships until Feb. 28, 2018. These internships, funded by sales of the AGFC’s Conservation License Plates, let students gain hands-on training and experience needed to compete for a future career in conservation.
Betty Bryant, internship coordinator for the AGFC, says many students are interested in a wildlife management, fisheries or conservation education career, but often lack the hands-on experience to stand out from the crowd of applicants.
“Each year thousands of students graduate colleges, but very few have real-world experience,” Bryant said. “Internships not only give them that training, but they also help them decide if the career they’re studying for really does fit them.”
Internships are available across the state in conservation education, wildlife management, fisheries management, wildlife law enforcement, and many other careers needed in conservation.
To qualify for an internship, an applicant:
• Must have a declared degree in an approved field of study.
• Must have 60 hours of college credit by the time the internship begins.
• Must be a full-time student at the time of application.
• Must have a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
• Must demonstrate coursework or knowledge related to work area.
• Must either be a resident of Arkansas enrolled in any college or university or a nonresident enrolled in an Arkansas college or university. Selected interns will be responsible to coordinate with their college or university to obtain course credit for their work.
Applications should include a current resume, a one-page cover letter, an official copy of college transcripts and a completed application form.
Subscribe to Our Weekly Newsletter E-mails
Don't miss another issue. Sign up now to receive the AGFC Wildlife Weekly Newsletter in your mailbox every Wednesday afternoon (Waterfowl Reports are published weekly during waterfowl season and periodically outside the season). Fishing Reports arrive on Thursdays. Fill in the following fields and hit submit. Thanks, and welcome!