Cedar Mountain WMA
Counties: Perry, Saline
- 2021-22 Closed Seasons
- 2021-22 Crow
Sept. 2, 2021-Feb. 20, 2022. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2021-22 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 25, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 16-24, 2021 and Dec. 11-13, 2021
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 13-Dec. 5, 2021 and Dec. 26-28, 2021
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 6-7, 2021 and Jan. 1-2, 2022
WMA Bag Limit: Three deer, no more than two antlered bucks, which may include:
- Two antlered bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
- Three does with archery,
- One doe with muzzleloader or modern gun.
- During youth hunt, youths may take three deer, two antlered bucks (no antler restrictions) and one doe.
- Three-point rule.
- No dogs.
- 2021-22 Quail
Nov. 1, 2021-Feb. 6, 2022. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2021-22 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2021-22 Squirrel
May 15, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022. Dogs allowed. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2021 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 25-Nov. 30, 2021
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 16-24, 2021
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 13-30, 2021
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 6-7, 2021
- Statewide bag limit.
- No dogs.
- 2021 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 10-11, 2021. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt: April 19-May 9, 2021. One legal turkey, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap on WMAs. Permits are available online by clicking "Buy Licenses" at agfc.com or by calling 800-364-4263 or any regional office.
- WMA leased lands permit must be purchased to hunt, trap or camp on the area.
- Greenbay Packaging and the U. S. Forest Service have cooperative agreements on the road and trail system within Cedar Mountain WMA, ATV and motorcycle use by permitted hunters is allowed only on roads identified on the U. S. Forest Service Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM) as being open for off highway vehicle use. The MVUM is available at www.fs.usda.gov/ouachita or any Forest Service office.
- Dogs may be used for coyote, fox and bobcat hunting when the declared furbearer hunting season is open and firearms deer season is closed.
- Campsites are undeveloped and available on a first come/first serve basis.
- Camping is limited to no more than 14 consecutive days.
- Camps may not remain unoccupied for more than 48 hours.
- Creating a disturbance after 10 p.m. is not allowed.
- It is unlawful to camp or use any campsite for more than 30 days total during one calendar year.
- Nonhunters camping with a permit holder do not need to have a permit while camping.
- Permanent deer stands are not allowed..
Green Bay Packaging