Stone Prairie WMA
- 2022-23 Closed Seasons
- Bear Muzzleloader
- Bear Modern Gun
- 2022-23 Crow
Sept. 1, 2022-Feb. 20, 2023. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2022-23 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 24, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023
Deer Muzzleloader (permit hunt): Oct. 15-19, 2022
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt (youth permit): Nov. 5-6, 2022
WMA Bag Limit: Three deer, no more than two legal bucks, which may include:
- Two bucks with archery,
- Three does with archery.
- Limit during the modern gun special youth hunt is two deer; one buck (no antler restrictions) and one doe
- Three-point rule.
- No dogs.
- 2022-23 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2022-23 Squirrel
May 15, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2022 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 17-Nov. 30, 2022
Bear Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2022
- Statewide bag limit.
- No dogs.
- Bear seasons close earlier if bear zone quota is reached. Click here for details.
- 2022 Turkey
Youth Hunt (permit required): April 9-10, 2022. One legal turkey.
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap on WMAs. Permits are available online by clicking "Buy Licenses" at agfc.com or by calling 800-364-4263 or any regional office.
- Limited parking and access will be available during the 2021-22 hunting season.
- Closed to bird dog training.
- Stone Prairie WMA has a military history, Munitions and Explosives of Concern (MEC) may be present. Use caution; recognize these military items can be dangerous; if encountered retreat; do not touch. Move away from the area and call 911.
Stone Prairie WMA consists of 989 acres in Faulkner County.