Maumelle River WMA
- 2021-22 Closed Seasons
- Bear Modern Gun
- Bear Muzzleloader
- Deer Modern Gun
- Deer Muzzleloader
- Furbearer Trapping
- 2021-22 Crow
Sept. 2, 2021-Feb. 20, 2022. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2021-22 Deer
Deer Archery (permit hunt): Sept. 25, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022
Deer Firearms: Closed
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Three deer, no more than one buck, which may include:
- One buck with archery permit,
- Two does with archery permit.
- Three-point rule.
- No dogs.
- 2021-22 Quail
Nov. 1, 2021-Feb. 6, 2022. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2021-22 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed.
- 2021-22 Squirrel
May 15, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2021 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 25-Nov. 30, 2021 (deer permit holders only).
Bear Firearms: Closed
- Statewide bag limit.
- No dogs.
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap on WMAs. Permits are available online by clicking "Buy Licenses" at agfc.com or by calling 800-364-4263 or any regional office.
- Camping is prohibited.
- A permit is also required from Central Arkansas Water to remove objects.
- Horses and mules are prohibited without a special permit from Central Arkansas Water.
- Shotguns using legal, non-toxic ammunition required to take small game and furbearers on the portion of the WMA as designated on the public use map.
- During deer permit hunts, squirrel, rabbit, furbearer, crow, quail and dove hunting is allowed without a permit (shotgun only; non-toxic shot) west of the Arkansas Highway 10 bridge.
Central Arkansas Waterworks