Jim Kress WMA
Counties: Cleburne, White
- 2019-20 Crow
Sept. 1, 2019-Feb. 21, 2020. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2019-20 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 28, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020.
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 19-27 and Dec. 14-16, 2019.
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 9-Dec. 1 and Dec. 26-28, 2019.
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 2-3, 2018 and Jan. 4-5, 2020. WMA Deer Bag Limit:
- Four deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
- Two bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
- Four does with archery,
- One doe with muzzleloader or modern gun.
- During youth hunt, youths may take two deer, one buck (no antler restrictions) and one doe.
- Permanent deer stands are not allowed.
- Three-point rule.
- No dogs.
- 2019-20 Quail
Nov. 1, 2019-Feb. 3, 2020. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2019-20 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2019-20 Squirrel
May 15, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2019 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 28-Nov. 30, 2019.
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 19-27, 2019.
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 9-30, 2019.
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 2-3, 2019.
- Bear seasons close earlier if bear zone quota is reached. Click here for details.
- Statewide bag limit.
- No dogs.
- 2019 Closed Seasons
- 2020 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 11-12, 2020. Two legal turkeys, no more than one jake.
Firearms Hunt: April 13-28, 2020. Two legal turkeys, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
Seasonal closure gates are closed early January through early October. Gates open in October for muzzleloader season and remain open until early January.
- In addition to a General WMA Use Permit, a Jim Kress WMA leased lands permit is required to hunt, trap or camp on the area. Leased lands permits may be purchased at any license vendor, AGFC regional office or online at https://ar-web.s3licensing.com/
- Hunters in possession of a valid Jim Kress WMA leased lands permit are allowed to use ATVs, motorcycles or bicycles on open, maintained roads during an open hunting season while traveling to or from a campsite or hunting location.
- A Jim Kress WMA leased lands permit is not required to operate a vehicle on state highways or county roads.
- All ATVs are prohibited on Big Creek Natural Area.
Green Bay Packaging and Arkansas Natural Heritage Commission