Jim Kress WMA
Counties: Cleburne, White
- 2022-23 Closed Seasons
- 2022-23 Crow
Sept. 1, 2022-Feb. 20, 2023. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2022-23 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 24, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 15-23, 2022 and Dec. 10-12, 2022
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 12-Dec. 4, 2022 and Dec. 26-28, 2022
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2022 and Jan. 7-8, 2023
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Four deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
- Two bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
- Four does with archery,
- One doe with muzzleloader or modern gun.
- During youth hunt, youths may take two deer, one buck (no antler restrictions) and one doe.
- Three point rule.
- No dogs.
- 2022-23 Quail
Nov. 1, 2022-Feb. 5, 2023. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2022-23 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2022-23 Squirrel
May 15, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2022 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 17-Nov. 30, 2022
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 15-23, 2022
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 12-30, 2022
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2022
- Statewide bag limit.
- No dogs.
- Bear seasons close earlier if bear zone quota is reached. Click here for details.
- 2022 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 9-10, 2022. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt: April 18-May 8, 2022. One legal turkey.
Hunters, trappers and campers 16 or older must purchase a leased lands permit. All gates on the WMA are closed March to September, leave the area available to walk-in hunting only.
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap on WMAs. Permits are available online by clicking "Buy Licenses" at agfc.com or by calling 833-345-0325 or any regional office.
- A Jim Kress WMA leased lands permit is also required to hunt or trap wildlife on the area.
- Hunters in possession of a valid Jim Kress WMA leased lands permit are allowed to use ATVs, motorcycles or bicycles on open, maintained roads during an open hunting season while traveling to or from a campsite or hunting location.
- A Jim Kress WMA leased lands permit is not required to operate a vehicle on state highways or county roads.
- All ATVs are prohibited on Big Creek Natural Area.
- Campsites are undeveloped and available on a first come first serve basis.
- Camping is limited to no more than 14 consecutive days.
- Camps may not remain unoccupied for more than 48 hours.
- Creating a disturbance after 10 p.m. is not allowed.
- It is unlawful to camp or use any campsite for more than 30 days total during one calendar year.
- Nonhunters camping with a permit holder do not need to have a permit while camping.
Seasonal closure gates are closed early January through early October. Gates open in October for muzzleloader season and remain open until early January.
Green Bay Packaging and Arkansas Natural Heritage Commission