Jack Mountain WMA
Counties: Garland, Hot Spring
- 2020-21 Closed Seasons
- 2020-21 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 26, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 17-25, 2020 and Dec. 29-31, 2020
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 14- Dec. 20, 2020 and Dec. 26-28, 2020
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 7-8, 2020 and Jan. 2-3, 2021
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Four deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
- Two bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
- Four does with archery,
- Four does with muzzleloader or modern gun combined.
- During youth hunt, youths may take four deer, two bucks (no antler restrictions) or up to four does.
- Three-point rule.
- No dogs.
- 2020-21 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2020-21 Squirrel
May 15, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48. Dogs allowed except Nov. 9-17, 2019.
- 2020 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 26-Nov. 30, 2020
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 17-25, 2020
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 14-30, 2020
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 7-8, 2020
- Statewide bag limit.
- No dogs.
- 2021 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 10-11, 2021. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt: April 19-May 9, 2021. One legal turkey, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
Jack Mountain WMA was formed in 2015 through a cooperative agreement between the AGFC and the Ross Foundation.
- In addition to a General WMA Use Permit, a Jack Mountain WMA leased lands permit is required to hunt, trap or camp on the area. Leased lands permits may be purchased at any license vendor, AGFC regional office or online at https://ar-web.s3licensing.com/.
- Holders of AGFC Mobility-Impaired Access cards may operate ATVs only on designated mobility-impaired access areas on Jack Mountain WMA. ATVs on designated MIA areas must be 100 feet and no more than 300 feet from the centerline of the road.
- Only one hunting stand or blind per MIA card holder is allowed.ATVs are allowed on designated open, maintained roads on Jack Mountain WMA from Sept. 1-Dec. 31 and 7 days prior to opening of turkey season through the end of turkey season.
- Use of ATVs on rights-of-way is strictly prohibited unless designated as an open road.
Jack Mountain WMA is owned by the Ross Foundation, a private nonprofit organization based in Arkadelphia.
The primary purpose of Jack Mountain is timber production to support the Ross Foundation's mission. However, recreation that is compatible with that timber production is allowed. The AGFC secured this leased land agreement to offer hunters in the Hot Spring and Arkadelphia area continued access to good hunting opportunities.