DeGray Lake WMA
Counties: Clark, Hot Spring
- 2018 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 22-Nov. 30, 2018.
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 20-28, 2018.
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 10-30, 2018.
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 3-4, 2018.
- Statewide limit.
- No dogs.
- 2019-20 Crow
Sept. 1, 2019-Feb. 21, 2020. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2019-20 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 28, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020 (no dogs).
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 19-27 and Dec. 29-31, 2019 (no dogs).
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 9-Dec. 15, 2019 (dogs allowed) and Dec. 26-28, 2019 (no dogs).
Deer Modern Gun (youth permit hunt): Oct. 5-6, 2019. (no dogs)
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 2-3, 2019 and Jan. 4-5, 2020. (no dogs)
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Four deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
- Two bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
- Four does with archery, muzzleloader and modern gun combined.
- During special youth hunt, youths may take four deer, two bucks (no antler restrictions) or up to four does.
- During youth permit hunt, youths may take four deer, two bucks (no antler restrictions) or up to four does with permit.
- Three-point rule.
- For Youth Permit Hunt application contact the Corps of Engineers, 870-246-5501.
- 2019-20 Quail
Nov. 1, 2019-Feb. 3, 2020. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2019-20 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2019-20 Squirrel
May 15, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2019-20 Waterfowl
- A mobility-impaired waterfowl hunt will be held and administered by U.S. Army Corps of Engineers personnel on the Lower DeGray Lake Waterfowl Rest Area. A free permit is required. During this hunt, access on the Lower DeGray Lake Waterfowl Rest Area is limited to mobility-impaired permit holders. Call 870-246-5501 for permit details and application.
- Waterfowl hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset during waterfowl season.
- 2019 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 6-7, 2019. Two legal turkeys, no more than one jake.
Firearms Hunt: April 8-23, 2019. Two legal turkeys, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
- Contact the Corps of Engineers for a Youth Permit Hunt Application or Mobility-Impaired Waterfowl Hunt Permit Application at 870-246-5501.
- Within the boundaries of the Lower DeGray Lake Waterfowl Rest Area, all killing devices are prohibited except by permitted participants of USACE special hunts and bowfishermen in possession of archery equipment.
- Other hunting seasons remain open during permit hunts on DeGray Lake WMA.
- No hunting within designated recreation areas.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers