Counties: Cleburne, Conway, Independence, Logan, Pope, Scott, Stone, Van Buren, White
- 2022-23 Closed Seasons
- 2022-23 Crow
Sept. 1, 2022-Feb. 20, 2023. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2022-23 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 24, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 15-23, 2022 and Dec. 10-12, 2022
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 12-Dec. 4, 2022 and Dec. 26-28, 2022
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2022 and Jan. 7-8, 2023
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Four deer, no more than two antlered bucks, which may include:
- Two antlered bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
- Four antlerless with archery,
- One antlerless with muzzleloader or modern gun.
- During youth hunt, youths may take two deer, one buck (no antler restrictions) and one antlerless.
- Three point Rule within Cleburne and Conway counties.
- No antler restrictions within Independence, Logan, Pope, Scott, Stone and Van Buren counties.
- No dogs.
- 2022-23 Quail
Nov. 1, 2022-Feb. 5, 2023. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2022-23 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2022-23 Squirrel
May 15, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2022 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 17-Nov. 30, 2022
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 15-23, 2022
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 12-30, 2022
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2022
- Statewide bag limit.
- No dogs.
- Bear seasons close earlier if bear zone quota is reached. Click here for details.
- 2022 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 9-10, 2022. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt: April 18-May 8, 2022. One legal turkey.
Hunters, trappers and campters 16 or older must purchase a leased lands permit. All gates on the WMA are closed March to September, leaving the area available to walk-in hunting only.
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap on WMAs. Permits are available online by clicking "Buy Licenses" at agfc.com or by calling 833-345-0325 or any regional office.
- A Cherokee WMA leased lands permit must be purchased to hunt, trap or camp on the area.
- CWD regulations apply in Independence, Logan, Pope, Scott, Stone and Van Buren counties.
- Permanent deer stands are not allowed.
- Hunters in possession of a valid Cherokee WMA leased lands permit are allowed to use ATVs, motorcycles or bicycles only on open, maintained roads during an open hunting season while traveling to or from a campsite or hunting location.
- Dogs may be used for coyote, fox and bobcat hunting when the declared furbearer hunting season is open and firearms deer season is closed.
- Campsites are undeveloped and available on a first come/ first serve basis.
- Camping is limited to no more than 14 consecutive days.
- Camps may not remain unoccupied for more than 48 hours.
- Creating a disturbance after 10 p.m. is not allowed.
- It is unlawful to camp or use any campsite for more than 30 days total during one calendar year.
- Nonhunters camping with a permit holder do not need to have a permit while camping.
Green Bay Packaging, Inc.