Casey Jones WMA
Counties: Ashley, Bradley, Drew
- 2022-23 Closed Seasons
- 2022-23 Crow
Sept. 1, 2022-Feb. 20, 2023. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2022-23 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 24, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 15-23, 2022 and Dec. 26-31, 2022
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 12-Dec. 18, 2022 and Dec. 26-28, 2022
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2022 and Jan. 7-8, 2023
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Five deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
- Two bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
- Five does with archery, muzzleloader and modern gun combined.
- During youth hunt, youths may take five deer, no more than two bucks (no antler restrictions) or up to five does.
- Three-point rule.
- No dogs.
- 2022-23 Quail
Nov. 1, 2022-Feb. 5, 2023. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2022-23 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2022-23 Squirrel
May 15, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023. No dogs allowed Nov. 12-20. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2022 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 9-10, 2022. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt: April 18-May 8, 2022. One legal turkey.
Hunters, trappers and campers 16 and older must purchase a leased lands permit.
The Casey Jones Leased Lands WMA tracts can be accessed via highways and county roads.
The Casey Jones Leased Lands WMA was established in 1988.
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap on WMAs. Permits are available online by clicking "Buy Licenses" at agfc.com or by calling 800-364-4263 or any regional office.
- The purchase of a Casey Jones WMA leased lands permit is also required to hunt, trap or camp on the area.
- Dogs may be used for coyote, fox and bobcat hunting when the declared furbearer hunting season is open and firearms deer season is closed.
Designated campsites are located in various areas of the WMA. No electricity or running water is provided.
The various tracts provide a diversity of habitats, including upland pine, upland pine/ hardwood mix, upland hardwood, bottomland pine/ hardwood mix and bottomland hardwood.
- Hunting Opportunities
The Casey Jones Leased Lands WMA offers excellent deer, turkey and small game hunting opportunities.
- Management Practices
Most of the tracts are managed intensively for pine and/or hardwood sawtimber. Single tree selection is the predominant harvesting method. Prescribed fire is also used. These timber management practices produce excellent wildlife habitat for most game species.
The Casey Jones Leased Lands WMA is owned by The Campbell Group and Plum Creek, Inc.
The Casey Jones Leased Lands WMA was established to provide hunting and other outdoor recreation opportunities in south Arkansas.