Casey Jones WMA
Counties: Ashley, Bradley, Drew
- 2019-20 Crow
Sept. 1, 2019-Feb. 21, 2020. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2019-20 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 28, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 19-27 and Dec. 29-31, 2019
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 9-Dec. 15 and Dec. 26-28, 2019
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 2-3, 2019 and Jan. 4-5, 2020
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Six deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
- Two bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
- Six does with archery,
- Six does with muzzleloader and modern gun combined.
- During youth hunt, youths may take six deer, two bucks (no antler restrictions) or up to six does.
- Three-point rule.
- No dogs.
- 2019-20 Quail
Nov. 1, 2019-Feb. 3, 2020. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2019-20 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2019-20 Squirrel
May 15, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020. Dogs allowed except Nov. 9-15. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2020 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 11-12, 2020. Two legal turkeys, no more than one jake.
Firearms Hunt: April 13-28, 2020. Two legal turkeys, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
The Casey Jones Leased Lands WMA tracts can be accessed via highways and county roads.
The Casey Jones Leased Lands WMA was established in 1988.
Designated campsites are located in various areas of the WMA. No electricity or running water is provided.
The various tracts provide a diversity of habitats, including upland pine, upland pine/ hardwood mix, upland hardwood, bottomland pine/ hardwood mix and bottomland hardwood.
- Hunting Opportunities
The Casey Jones Leased Lands WMA offers excellent deer, turkey and small game hunting opportunities.
- Management Practices
Most of the tracts are managed intensively for pine and/or hardwood sawtimber. Single tree selection is the predominant harvesting method. Prescribed fire is also used. These timber management practices produce excellent wildlife habitat for most game species.
- In addition to a General WMA Use Permit, a Casey Jones WMA leased lands permit is required to hunt, trap or camp on the area. Leased lands permits may be purchased at any license vendor, AGFC regional office or online at https://ar-web.s3licensing.com/
- Dogs may be used for coyote, fox and bobcat hunting when the declared furbearer hunting season is open and firearms deer seasons are closed.
The Casey Jones Leased Lands WMA is owned by The Campbell Group and Plum Creek, Inc.
The Casey Jones Leased Lands WMA was established to provide hunting and other outdoor recreation opportunities in south Arkansas.