Buffalo National River WMA
Counties: Baxter, Marion, Newton, Searcy
- 2020-21 Closed Seasons
- Furbearer trapping
- 2020-21 Crow
Sept. 1, 2020-Feb. 21, 2021. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2020-21 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 26, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 17-25, 2020 and Dec. 12-14, 2020
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 14-Dec. 6, 2020 and Dec. 26-28, 2020
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 7-8, 2020 and Jan. 2-3, 2021
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Four deer, no more than two antlered bucks, which may include:
- Two antlered bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun (no antler restrictions),
- Four antlerless deer with archery,
- Two antlerless deer with muzzleloader or modern gun.
- During the youth hunt, youths may take four deer, two antlered bucks and two antlerless.
- No antler restrictions.
- No dogs.
- CWD regulations apply in Baxter, Marion, Newton and Searcy counties.
- 2020-21 Quail
Nov. 1, 2020-Feb. 7, 2021. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2020-21 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2020-21 Squirrel
May 15, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2020 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 26-Nov. 30, 2020
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct 17-25, 2020
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 14-30, 2020
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 7-8, 2020
- Statewide limit.
- No dogs.
- Bear seasons close earlier if bear zone quota is reached. Click here for details.
- 2020 Elk
Elk (permit hunts): Oct. 5-9 and Oct. 26-30, 2020
Elk Youth (permit hunts): Oct. 3-4 and Oct. 24-25, 2020
- 2021 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 10-11, 2021. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt: April 19-May 9, 2021. One legal turkey, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap.
- CWD Regulations apply in Marion, Newton and Searcy counties.
- This area is administered by the National Park Service in conjunction with AGFC. Please visit the Superintendent’s Compendium available at www.nps.gov/ buff for additional Federal regulations.
- The harvest of shed deer and elk antlers is not allowed on Bufflao National River WMA.
- Chase for pleasure and dog training are not allowed.
- Discharging firearms across, into or from the Buffalo River and its gravel bars is not allowed.
- Hunting is not allowed in developed areas.
- Firearms and crossbows must be unloaded and cased or broken down when in a developed campground.
- The operation of off-road motor vehicles is not allowed on roads, lands and waters within the Buffalo National River.
- Vehicles may not travel off-road.
- Campsites may not remain unattended for more than 24 hours.
- Sylamore WMA seasons and regulations apply to Buffalo National River lands in Marion and Baxter counties lying east of Big Creek and south and east of the Buffalo River.
- No trapping is allowed on Buffalo National River.
National Park Service