Buffalo National River WMA
Counties: Baxter, Marion, Newton, Searcy
- 2019-20 Crow
Sept. 1, 2019-Feb. 21, 2020. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2019-20 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 28, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020.
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 19-27 and Dec. 14-16, 2019.
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 9-Dec. 1 and Dec. 26-28, 2019.
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 2-3, 2019 and Jan. 4-5, 2020.
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Four deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
- Two bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun (no antler restriction),
- Four antlerless deer with archery,
- Two antlerless deer with muzzleloader or modern gun.
- During the youth hunt, youths may take four deer, two bucks (no antler restrictions) and two antlerless deer.
- No antler restrictions.
- No dogs.
- CWD regulations apply in Baxter, Marion, Newton and Searcy counties.
- 2019-20 Quail
Nov. 1, 2019-Feb. 3, 2020. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2019-20 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2019-20 Squirrel
May 15, 2019-Feb. 29, 2020. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2019 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 28-Nov. 30, 2019
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 19-27, 2019
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 9-30, 2019
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 2-3, 2019
- Statewide limit.
- No dogs.
- Bear seasons close earlier if bear zone quota is reached. Click here for details.
- 2019 Elk
Oct. 7-11 and Oct. 28-Nov. 1, 2019. Permit required.
- 2019 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 6-7, 2019. Two legal turkeys, no more than one jake.
Firearms Hunt: April 8-23, 2019. Two legal turkeys, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
- This area is administered by the National Park Service in conjunction with AGFC. Please visit the Superintendent's Compendium available at http://nps.gov/buff for additional Federal regulations.
- The harvest of shed deer and elk antlers is not allowed on Bufflao National River WMA.
- Chase for pleasure and dog training are not allowed.
- Discharging firearms across, into or from the Buffalo River and its gravel bars is not allowed.
- Hunting is not allowed in developed areas.
- Firearms and crossbows must be unloaded and cased or broken down when in a developed campground.
- The operation of off-road motor vehicles is not allowed on roads, lands and waters within the Buffalo National River.
- Vehicles may not travel off-road.
- Campsites may not remain unattended for more than 24 hours.
- Sylamore WMA seasons and regulations apply to Buffalo National River lands in Marion and Baxter counties lying east of Big Creek and south and east of the Buffalo River.
National Park Service