Buck Island WMA
- 2022-23 Closed Seasons
- Furbearer trapping
- 2022-23 Crow
Sept. 1, 2022-Feb. 20, 2023. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2022-23 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 24, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 15-23, 2022 and Dec. 29-31, 2022
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 12-Dec. 28, 2022
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2022 and Jan. 7-8 2023
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Five deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
- Two bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
- Five does with archery, muzzleloader and modern gun combined.
- During youth hunt, youths may take five deer, no more than two bucks (no antler restrictions) or up to five does..
- 15-inch inside spread or 18-inch main beam rule.
- No dogs.
- 2022-23 Quail
Nov. 1, 2022-Feb. 5, 2023. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2022-23 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2022-23 Squirrel
May 15, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2022 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 9-10, 2022. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt: April 18-May 8, 2022. One legal turkey.
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap on WMAs. Permits are available online by clicking "Buy Licenses" at agfc.com or by calling 833-345-0325 or any regional office.
- Check antler restrictions for important additional information.
- No vehicular or foot access.
- Boating access only.
- WMA is subject to flooding when the Mississippi River reaches 36 feet at the Helena gauge.
Arkansas Game and Fish Commission