Blue Mountain WMA
Counties: Logan, Yell
- 2020-21 Closed Seasons
- 2020-21 Crow
Sept. 1, 2020-Feb. 21, 2021. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2020-21 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 26, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021. (no dogs)
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 17-25, 2020 and Dec 12-14,2020. (no dogs)
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 14-Dec. 6, 2020 (dogs allowed) and Dec. 26-28, 2020. (no dogs)
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 7-8, 2020 and Jan. 2-3, 2021. (no dogs)
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Three deer, no more than two antlered bucks, which may include:
- Two antlered bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
- Three antlerless with archery,
- One antlerless with muzzleloader or modern gun.
- During youth hunt, youths may take three deer, two antlered bucks (no antler restrictions) and one antlerless.
- No antler restriction.
- 2020-21 Quail
Nov. 1, 2020-Feb. 7, 2021. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2020-21 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2020-21 Squirrel
May 15, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2020-21 Waterfowl
- Waterfowl hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset during waterfowl season.
- In addition to a valid Arkansas hunting license, nonresidents need a a valid Arkansas waterfowl stamp (DSN) and a 5-day Nonresident WMA Waterfowl Hunting Permit (NW5) to hunt waterfowl on wildlife management areas. The permit costs $30.50 and is valid only Nov. 21-30, Dec. 27-Jan. 5, Jan. 22-31. It is available online, by telephone or from license dealers. Nonresidents will also need a free WMA General Use permit (WMP) when hunting on any WMA.
- 2020 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 26-Nov. 30, 2020
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct 17-25, 2020
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 14-30, 2020
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 7-8, 2020
- Statewide bag limit.
- No dogs.
- 2021 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 10-11, 2021. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt: April 19-May 9, 2021. One legal turkey.
- Area Notes
This 8,200-acre WMA consists of Corps of Engineers property surrounding Blue Mountain Lake.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers