Beaver Lake WMA
Counties: Benton, Carroll, Madison, Washington
- 2021-22 Waterfowl
- 2021-22 Arkansas Waterfowl Hunting Guidebook
- 2021-22 Statewide Waterfowl Season Dates and Bag Limits
- General WMA Regulations
- Waterfowl hunting is allowed 30 minutes before sunrise until sunset during the waterfowl season.
- 2022-23 Closed Seasons
- 2022-23 Crow
Sept. 1, 2022-Feb. 20, 2023. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2022-23 Deer
Deer Archery (Devil’s Eyebrow Unit, archery only): Sept. 24, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 15-23, 2022 and Dec. 10-12, 2022
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 12-Dec. 4, 2022 and Dec. 26-28, 2022
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2022 and Jan. 7-8, 2023
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Four deer, no more than two antlered bucks, which may include:
- Two antlered bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
- Four antlerless with archery,
- Two antlerless with muzzleloader or modern gun.
- During youth hunt, youths may take four deer, two antlered bucks and two antlerless.
- No antler restriction.
- No dogs.
- Only shotguns (.410 and larger) with slugs (no buckshot allowed) or muzzleloading rifles shooting a single projectile are allowed.
- 2022-23 Quail
Nov. 1, 2022-Feb. 5, 2023. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2022-23 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
- 2022-23 Squirrel
May 15, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2022 Bear
Bear Archery: Sept. 17-Nov. 30, 2022
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 15-23, 2022
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 12-30, 2022. This area has special firearms restrictions; see Bear Notes.
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2022. This area has special firearms restrictions; see Bear Notes.
- Statewide bag limit.
- No dogs.
- Seasons close earlier if zone quota is reached.
- Only shotguns (20-guage and larger) with slugs (no buckshot allowed) or muzzleloading rifles shooting a single projectile are allowed.
- About the Name
The WMA is named after the U.S. Corps of Engineers lake it surrounds.
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap on WMAs. Permits are available online by clicking "Buy Licenses" at agfc.com or by calling 800-364-4263 or any regional office.
- CWD regulations apply.
- Hunting is permitted within the Corps of Engineers boundary, including the island and shoreline acreage.
- Hunting is prohibited in areas designated as parks, closed parks, leased parks, Blackburn Creek Watchable Wildlife Area and in proximity to the dam and water intake structures. Please reference the Beaver Lake Project Map. Maps can be obtained at the Project Office located at 2260 N. 2nd St., Rogers, AR.
- Hunting with dogs is not allowed on islands during deer season.
- Use of bird dogs is restricted to quail season; retrievers to waterfowl season.
- Devil's Eyebrow unit is closed to deer and bear firearms hunting.
Camping is available at U.S. Army Corps of Engineers campgrounds.
Beaver Lake WMA consists of 8,007 acres (includes Devil's Eyebrow Natural Area).
Beaver Lake WMA includes all the U.S. Corps of Engineers land surrounding Beaver Lake in the northwest corner of the state. It also includes the Devil's Eyebrow Natural Area owned by the Arkansas Natural Heritage Commission.
U.S. Corps of Engineers
- Recreation Other Than Hunting
Excellent fishing opportunities are available on Beaver Lake. The clear water of the lake also offers recreational boating, scuba diving and swimming opportunities to visitors.