Bearcat Hollow WMA
Counties: Newton, Searcy
- 2022-23 Closed Seasons
- 2022-23 Crow
Sept. 1, 2022-Feb. 20, 2023. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2022-23 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 24, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 15-23, 2022 and Dec. 10-12, 2022
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 12-Dec. 4, 2022 and Dec. 26-28, 2022
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2022 and Jan. 7-8, 2023
Deer Modern Gun (Mobility Impaired Permit Hunt): Oct. 1-2, 2022
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Three deer, no more than two antlered bucks, which may include:
- Two antlered bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun (no antler restrictions),
- Three antlerless with archery,
- One antlerless deer with muzzleloader or modern gun.
- During youth hunt, youths may take three deer, two antlered bucks and one antlerless.
- No antler restrictions.
- No dogs.
- 2022-23 Quail
Nov. 1, 2022-Feb. 5, 2023. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2022-23 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed.
- 2022-23 Squirrel
May 15, 2022-Feb. 28, 2023. Dogs allowed except from Nov 12-20. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2022 Bear
Bear Archery: . Sept. 17-Nov. 30, 2022
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 15- 23, 2022
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 12-30, 2022
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2022
Bear Modern Gun Mobility Impaired (permit hunt): Oct. 1-2, 2022
- Statewide bag limit.
- No dogs.
- Bear seasons close earlier if bear zone quota is reached. Click here for details.
- 2022 Elk
Elk (permit hunt): Oct. 3-7 and Oct. 31-Nov. 4, 2022
Elk Youth (permit hunt): Oct. 1-2 and Oct. 29-30, 2022
- 2022 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 9-10, 2022. One legal turkey.
Firearms Hunt: April 18-May 8, 2022. One legal turkey.
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap on WMAs. Permits are available online by clicking "Buy Licenses" at agfc.com or by calling 833-345-0325 or any regional office.
- CWD regulations apply. Due to ongoing research, collared or ear-tagged deer may be present. Research deer are legal for harvest. Tag and check research deer as required and call 833-289-2469 within 12 hours of harvest.
- Contact the USDA Forest Service for a mobility impaired modern gun permit application at 479-284-3150. Refer to USDA Forest Service website for more information.
USDA Forest Service