Bearcat Hollow WMA
Counties: Newton, Searcy
- 2020-21 Closed Seasons
- 2020-21 Crow
Sept. 1, 2020-Feb. 21, 2021. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2020-21 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 26, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 17-25, 2020 and Dec. 12-14, 2020
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 14-Dec. 6, 2020 and Dec. 26-28, 2020
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 7-8, 2020 and Jan. 2-3, 2021
Deer Modern Gun (Mobility Impaired Permit Hunt): Oct. 3-4, 2020
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Four deer, no more than two antlered bucks, which may include:
- Two antlered bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun (no antler restrictions),
- Four antlerless with archery,
- Two antlerless deer with muzzleloader or modern gun.
- During youth hunt, youths may take four deer, two antlered bucks (no antler restrictions) and two antlerless.
- No antler restrictions for buck harvest on this WMA.
- No dogs.
- 2020-21 Quail
Nov. 1, 2020-Feb. 7, 2021. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2020-21 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed.
- 2020-21 Squirrel
May 15, 2020-Feb. 28, 2021. Dogs allowed. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2020 Bear
Bear Archery: . Sept. 26-Nov. 30, 2020
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 17- 25, 2020
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 14-30, 2020
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt:Nov. 7-8, 2020
- Statewide bag limit.
- No dogs.
- Bear seasons close earlier if bear zone quota is reached. Click here for details.
- 2020 Elk
Elk (permit hunts): Oct. 5-9 and Oct. 26-30, 2020
Elk Youth (permit hunts): Oct. 3-4 and Oct. 24-25, 2020
- 2020 Turkey
Youth Hunt: April 11-12, 2020. Two legal turkeys, no more than one jake.
Firearms Hunt: April 13-28, 2020. Two legal turkeys, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap.
- CWD regulations apply.
- Contact the USDA Forest Service for a mobility impaired modern gun permit application at 479- 284-3150. Refer to USDA Forest Service website for more information.
USDA Forest Service