Bearcat Hollow WMA
Counties: Newton, Searcy
- 2021-22 Closed Seasons
- 2021-22 Crow
Sept. 2, 2021-Feb. 20, 2022. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- 2021-22 Deer
Deer Archery: Sept. 25, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 16-24, 2021 and Dec. 11-13, 2021
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 13-Dec. 5, 2021 and Dec. 26-28, 2021
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 6-7, 2021 and Jan. 1-2, 2022
Deer Modern Gun (Mobility Impaired Permit Hunt): Oct. 2-3, 2021
WMA Deer Bag Limit: Four deer, no more than two antlered bucks, which may include:
- Two antlered bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun (no antler restrictions),
- Four antlerless with archery,
- Two antlerless deer with muzzleloader or modern gun.
- During youth hunt, youths may take four deer, two antlered bucks and two antlerless.
- No antler restrictions.
- No dogs.
- 2021-22 Quail
Nov. 1, 2021-Feb. 6, 2022. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
- 2021-22 Rabbit
Sept. 1, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed.
- 2021-22 Squirrel
May 15, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022. Dogs allowed. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
- 2021 Bear
Bear Archery: . Sept. 25-Nov. 30, 2021
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 16- 24, 2021
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 13-30, 2021
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 6-7, 2021
Bear Modern Gun Mobility Impaired (permit hunt): Oct. 2-3, 2021
- Statewide bag limit.
- No dogs.
- Bear seasons close earlier if bear zone quota is reached. Click here for details.
- 2021 Elk
Elk (permit hunt): Oct. 4-8 and Oct. 25-29, 2021
Elk Youth (permit hunt): Oct. 2-3 and Oct. 23-24, 2021
- Area Notes
- A free annual General Use Permit (WMP) is required to hunt or trap on WMAs. Permits are available online by clicking "Buy Licenses" at agfc.com or by calling 800-364-4263 or any regional office.
- CWD regulations apply. Due to ongoing research, collared or ear-tagged deer may be present. Research deer are legal for harvest. Tag and check research deer as required and call 1-800-482-9262 within 12 hours of harvest.
- Contact the USDA Forest Service for a mobility impaired modern gun permit application at 479- 284-3150. Refer to USDA Forest Service website for more information.
USDA Forest Service