Feb. 20, 2019
LITTLE ROCK – The Information Network of Arkansas announced the recently redesigned Arkansas Game and Fish Commission mobile app won a Platinum AVA Digital Award in the Government App for Citizens category. This award recognizes outstanding work in the concept, direction, design and production of media that is part of the evolution of digital communication. Out of 2,500 entries from throughout the United States, Canada, and 23 other countries, only sixteen percent of the entries won this top award.
“When the app was first launched over a decade ago, it was a very innovative and progressive initiative for a resource management agency like AGFC,” said Spencer Griffith, AGFC Marketing Coordinator. “With all the changes in game checks, wildlife observation reporting, digital licenses, and more, we decided to completely overhaul the app to take advantage of technological advancements and to provide Arkansans a modern app that is easy to use and enhances their outdoor experience.”
AGFC partnered with INA to build the new app, featuring an updated, clean look that makes it easy for users to find what they need. The app provides hunters, anglers, and other outdoor enthusiasts with features, such as:
- improved game check process
- ability to store license data digitally
- location-based weather and forecasts (wind direction and speed, barometric pressure, Moon phase and more)
- a hunting area locator to help hunters find likely places to pursue their game
- updated wildlife observation reporting section
- hiking and water trails that offer a richer outdoor experience for adventure seekers
- feeds for the AGFC waterfowl report, fishing report, and latest news
The app is available through both the Apple App store and Google Play store.