Funds collected from game and fish law convictions never leave the county where the fine occurred. The money is used to fund educational programs focused on fish, wildlife and conservation in the counties where the offense occurred.
All fine money collected by the AGFC is redistributed by the Arkansas Economic Development Commission's Division of Rural Services to schools and conservation districts in the county where the violation occurred in accordance with Arkansas Code Annotated 6-16-1101. A school or conservation district that wants to receive this fine money must submit an application on the form found on the Division of Rural Services website linked above.
The following activities meet the criteria for funding:
- Field trips to AGFC nature centers, hatcheries or wildlife management areas
- AGFC-sponsored archery and trap programs
- AGFC-sponsored educator workshops
- Schoolyard wildlife and butterfly habitats
- Outdoor classroom supplies
- Wildlife biology or recreation supplies
- Conservation education materials