The 2023 Arkansas Big Squirrel Challenge
Jan. 13, 2023 at noon – Jan. 14, 2023 at noon
- You can harvest squirrels from noon Friday, January 13 until weigh-in time.
- Weigh in from 12 - 1 p.m. on Saturday, January 14.
- Participants must be in line for weigh in by 1:00 p.m.
- Weight will be done field dressed with the skin on.
- Teams can weigh in a 3-squirrel bag limit.
- Teams will get their squirrels back after being weighed.
- No pre-registration required.
- Medals for 1st and 2nd place teams will be awarded at each weigh-in location.
- Gamo Air rifles will be awarded to statewide winners in each of the four categories.
- There will be door prizes at each weigh-in location.
- Adult - Fox squirrels only
- Adult - Mixed bag or Gray Squirrels only
- Youth* - Fox Squirrels only
- Youth* - Mixed bad or Gray Squirrels only
*Youth teams can be composed of 2 persons under the age of 16, or one adult (16 and older) and one youth (under 16).
Statewide Weigh-in Locations:
AGFC Hatchery/Regional Office, 350 Fish Hatchery Road, Hot Springs, AR 71913