Monthly Commission Meeting | June 15-16, 2022 (Fort Smith)
June 15, 2022 – June 16, 2022
- The August meeting video link will be available the week of the meeting.
- Watch past meetings archived on the AGFC’s YouTube channel.
The regular monthly meeting of the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission will be held beginning at 9:00 a.m. Thursday, August 19, 2021, at the Little Rock Office Complex, 2 Natural Resources Drive, Little Rock, AR 72205, in the auditorium. At that time, regulations and business pertaining to the operation of the Game and Fish Commission and other fiscal and administrative matters will be considered and acted upon. Additionally, Committee meetings attended by Commissioners and agency staff members will be held in the Director’s conference room throughout the day on Wednesday, August 18, 2021, beginning at 9:00 a.m. All interested persons are invited to attend these meetings.
The AGFC Little Rock Office Complex currently is open to the public and COVID-19 guidelines recommended by the Arkansas Department of Health are applicable. The Commission meeting on August 19th will be live-streamed and a link for easy viewing access will be available on the agency website. Please visit the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission website at https://www.agfc.com for additional up-to-date details as the August meeting dates draw closer.
Items on the agenda for the August 19, 2021 9:00 a.m. meeting will include adoption of proposed regulations that previously were considered at the July 21-22, 2021 Commission Meetings, plus consideration of various Hunting and Fishing Regulations and regulations pertaining to the Enforcement Division of the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, including, but not limited to:
Miscellaneous Regulations Concerning Resident Lifetime Hunting & Fishing Licenses and Permits, Nonresident License Requirements, and Nonresident Waterfowl Hunting Permit Requirements on WMAs – Consider proposals to miscellaneous regulations including, but not limited to:
- Clarify that nonresidents are ineligible to obtain public land permits through the permit draw process for hunting elk or alligators, and include an exception for nonresidents who possess a Resident Lifetime License for either hunting or combination hunting-and-fishing obtained prior to September 1, 2021;
- Amend regulation that prohibits illegal possession of a resident license by a nonresident to provide an exception for former residents who possess a valid Resident Lifetime License for hunting, fishing, or combination hunting-and-fishing, or possess a Resident Lifetime Permit for trout or waterfowl, and increase the penalty for violation to Class 4;
- Amend regulations that prohibit counterfeiting or falsifying information on any AGFC license, permit, tag, stamp, certificate, etc. to increase the penalty for violation from Class 3 to Class 4;
- Amend regulation for Nonresident Waterfowl Hunting Permit Requirements on WMAs to provide an exception for former residents who possess a Waterfowl Permit and a Resident Lifetime License for either hunting or combination hunting-and-fishing obtained prior to September 1, 2021. This exception will allow such individuals to hunt waterfowl on any WMA in compliance with Chapter 24.00 without a Nonresident WMA Waterfowl Hunting Permit and without being subject to certain date restrictions applicable to other nonresident hunters; and
- Clarify names of existing Resident Lifetime Licenses.
All persons wishing to be heard on these subjects should submit comments in writing to this office before the start of the August 18, 2021, meeting (preferably by 4:30 p.m. on the day before). Any request to make an oral presentation at the meeting should be submitted in writing to this office on or before August 9, 2021. Copies of any proposed rules or regulations may be obtained at the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission main office, and at www.agfc.com, or through a written request mailed to the address below.
AUSTIN BOOTH, DIRECTOR
Arkansas Game & Fish Commission
Game & Fish Commission Building
2 Natural Resources Drive
Little Rock, Arkansas 72205