Monthly Commission Meeting | June 17-18 (Harrison)
June 18, 2020 at 10 a.m.
Wednesday, June 17 - Social Event and Field Trip
Thursday, June 18 - Commission Meeting, Harrison
The regular monthly meeting of the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission will be held beginning at 9:00 a.m. Thursday, June 18, 2020, at Marie's Restaurant in Hotel Seville at 302 N Main Street, Harrison AR 72601. At that time, regulations and business pertaining to the operation of the Game and Fish Commission and other fiscal and administrative matters will be considered and acted upon. It is important to note that because of the COVID-19 coronavirus public health emergency and, depending upon public health conditions in our state at that time, social distancing and other public health measures will likely be applicable, and in-person attendance at this meeting may be limited to only Commission members, the Director, representatives of the media, and other individuals necessary to the proceedings as determined by the Commission Chairman and Director. However, the meeting is expected to be live-streamed for viewing by members of the press and the public and a link for easy access will be available on the agency website. Please visit the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission website at https://www.agfc.com for additional up-to-date details.
Items on the agenda for the June 18, 2020, meeting will include discussion of proposed regulations that previously were considered at the May 21, 2020 Commission Meeting, plus consideration of various Hunting and Fishing Regulations and regulations pertaining to the Enforcement Division of the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, including but not limited to:
Miscellaneous Hunting and Fishing Regulations – Propose miscellaneous hunting and fishing regulations, including, but are not limited to:
- Change signatory for permit allowing possession of alligators for display or educational purposes to be issued by the Chief of Fisheries.
- Clarify existing Aquatic Turtle Permit Requirements to restrict importation of aquatic turtle species native to the state without a Wildlife Importation Permit.
- Add various bird and reptile species (approximately 14 species) and delete separate listing of Corn Snake to Addendum R1.01 – Unrestricted Captive Wildlife Species List that upon staff review do not appear to be inherently dangerous and pose no significant risk to human health and safety, native fish and wildlife health or populations, agriculture, and can be safely confined in a humane manner.
- Delete separate listing of Boa Constrictor in Addendum R1.02 – Permitted Captive Wildlife Species List and add it to Addendum R1.01 – Unrestricted Captive Wildlife Species List.
- Reduce number of dogs allowed to train at Camp Robinson Special Use Area from 4 to 2 owned by any one owner and, in event of violation, impose suspension of privilege to use the area for a minimum of 6 months.
All persons wishing to be heard on these subjects should submit comments in writing to this office before the start of the June 18, 2020, meeting (preferably by 4:30 p.m. on the day before). Any request to make an oral presentation at the meeting should be submitted in writing to this office on or before June 8, 2020. Copies of any proposed rules or regulations may be obtained at the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission main office, at www.agfc.com, or through a written request mailed to the address below.
PAT FITTS, DIRECTOR
Arkansas Game & Fish Commission
Game & Fish Commission Building
2 Natural Resources Drive
Little Rock, Arkansas 72205