The only operational boat ramps on the lake are at Jolly Roger's Marina and the Maumelle River west of the lake. There is a launch-fee at Jolly Roger's. The ramp at the west end of the lake is restricted to boats with motors 25 horsepower and smaller.
- Area Specific Regulations
- Fishing and boating are prohibited in the restricted zone near the dam.
- Swimming, bathing, wading and the use of aquaplanes, surfboards, motorized surfboards, wind-surfers, personal watercraft, water skis, rafts, kayaks or similar devices is prohibited.
- Canoes and any boat with a primary motor less than 9 horsepower may be used only in the area of the lake west of the Arkansas Highway 10 bridge.
- Commercial fishing and fishing by seine, net, trap, gig, jug line, yo-yo or set line are prohibited.
- Trotlines may be used in the trotline permitted zone. Trotlines must have the owner's name, phone number and driver's license number or vehicle license number attached to the line closest to the bank.
- Introduction of materials or vegetation for fish habitat into the lake is prohibited. Brush-cutting devices are prohibited as well.
- Fishing from roads, bridges or docks is prohibited. Anglers may fish only from boats and designated bank fishing areas.
- Bottom Features
Most of the lake's bottom was cleared of timber before flooding. There are some remaining stands of timber, and the AGFC has placed many artificial fish attractors in the lake.
- The shore is lined with water willow
- The AGFC has placed many fish attractors in this lake. Click here to download a file of GPS coordinates to load to your depth finder/chartplotter.
The average depth is 24.7 feet. The maximum depth is 60 feet.
Lake Maumelle is in Pulaski County, about 10 miles west of Little Rock on Ark. Highway 10.
- Major Sportfish
White bass, largemouth bass, spotted bass, crappie, bream, channel catfish, blue catfish
Central Arkansas Water
8,900 surface acres