It is illegal to import native or exotic wildlife into Arkansas without an AGFC Wildlife Importation Permit. Permits will not be issued to import the following wildlife:
- Any species listed as injurious wildlife under the Lacey Act (50 CFR 16) by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service including but not limited to flying fox, mongoose, meerkat, European rabbit, European hare, wild dog, multimammate rat or mouse, raccoon dog, brushtail possum, pink starling, dioch, Java sparrow, red whiskered bul bul, brown tree snake, and pythons.
- Members of the cervid family, including white-tailed deer, black-tailed deer, mule deer or elk
- Live waterfowl
- Raccoons, bats or skunks
- Coyotes that originated or have lived in Alaska, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Texas, Wisconsin, Wyoming or Canada
- Gray and red foxes that originate or have lived in Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Texas, Vermont, Wisconsin, Wyoming or Canada
- Rodents captured in the wild from Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah or Wyoming.