Site Menu
Special Hunt Permits
  • Special Hunt Permits

    WMA Deer and Turkey Hunt Permit

    Many AGFC wildlife management areas have limited hunts for deer and turkey to better manage the wildlife on the property and provide a better hunting experience for those who draw permits. Click below to learn how to apply.

    Alligator Hunt Permit

    The American alligator's range extends through the southern half of Arkansas. Extensive monitoring and management for the species has enabled the AGFC to offer limited alligator hunts in early fall. Click below to learn how to apply.

    Elk Hunt Permit

    Elk were once native to Arkansas, but overhunting and habitat conversion eliminated them from the state. Thanks to a successful reintroduction, elk again thrive in The Natural State, and the AGFC holds limited elk hunts each year. Click below to learn how to apply.

    Special WMA Waterfowl Hunt Permits

    Waterfowl hunting on Steve N. Wilson Raft Creek Bottoms WMA and the Conway George Tract of Sheffield Nelson Dagmar WMA is regulated by a permit draw to increase hunter success and the hunting experience for drawn hunters. Click below for more details.

    Urban Archery Deer Hunt Permit

    Registration for urban archery deer hunts are managed by the Arkansas Bowhunters Association and Bull Shoals Urban Bowhunters Association. Click below for a list of approved hunts and contact information for each.

  • Leased Land Permits

    Leased Land Map

    1 - Big Timber WMA
    2 - Casey Jones WMA
    3 - Cherokee WMA
    3A - Jim Kress WMA
    4 - Jack Mountain WMA
    5 - Gum Flats WMA
    6 - Lafayette County WMA
    7 - Provo WMA
    8 - Lake Greeson WMA
    9 - Howard County WMA

    The AGFC leases hunting rights for the public on large blocks of private land in areas where they cannot purchase the land or a hunting easement outright. To help offset the cost of these leases, hunters, trappers and campers using these special WMAs must purchase a $40 annual use permit for each leased land they use.

    Youths 15 years of age and younger are not required to have a permit.

    Recreational use of all ATVs, motorcycles, bicycles and ORVs is prohibited on Cherokee and Jim Kress WMAs. Hunters in possession of a valid Cherokee or Jim Kress leased lands permit are allowed to use ATVs, motorcycles or bicycles on open, maintained roads during an open hunting season while traveling to or from a camp site or hunting location only. Youths under 16 are not required to have a permit. Maps of leased properties are provided when permits are purchased.

    Hunters must get permission from landowners to travel through neighboring private lands bordering leased land WMAs.

    Leased land permits may be purchased at any license vendor, AGFC regional office or online.