Arkansas Game and Fish Commission Wildlife Management Areas offer some of the best public hunting opportunity in the United States. To prevent overcrowding on popular WMAs, the AGFC limits some hunting opportunities through a permit draw system. Lowering hunter numbers not only regulates harvest, it offers a better hunting experience for the hunters who draw the tags.
|June 3||Application period begins at 8 a.m.|
|July 1||Application deadline at 11:59 p.m.|
|July 9||Drawing and notifications sent|
|July 22||Leftover permits available online at 8 a.m.|
Applying for a WMA Deer Hunt Permit
- Applications must be submitted online by the application deadline to be eligible.
- Each person may submit one application for each type of permit hunt (youth deer, archery deer, muzzleloader deer, modern gun deer).
- Youth hunters must be at least 6 years old, but no older than 15, the day the hunt begins.
- Permit winners will be notified by e-mail (an e-mail address must be included with each application).
- Applications require a nonrefundable $5 application fee per hunt type. Successful applicants no longer have to pay for permits after the drawing.
- For assistance with permit application, call 1-800-364-4263. For assistance after application process is complete, call 501-223-6359.
National Wildlife Refuge Hunt Permits
The AGFC does not administer permit hunts for national wildlife refuges in Arkansas. For information regarding those permit hunts, please visit their websites or call the following locations: