Monthly Commission Meeting | 10 a.m. (Little Rock)
Aug. 16, 2018 at 10 a.m.
August 15-16, Committee Meetings and Commission Meeting in Little Rock
(General Fishing Regs-Approval)
The regular monthly meeting of the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission will be held beginning at 10:00 a.m. Thursday, August 16, 2018, at the Little Rock Office Complex, 2 Natural Resources Drive, Little Rock, AR 72205. At that time, regulations and business pertaining to the operation of the Game and Fish Commission and other fiscal and administrative matters will be considered and acted upon, and all interested persons are invited to attend. Additionally, Committee meetings attended by Commissioners and agency staff members will be held throughout the day on Wednesday, August 15, 2018, beginning at 10:00 a.m. at the same location, and all interested persons are invited to attend.
Items on the agenda for the August 16, 2018, meeting will include adoption of proposed regulations that previously were considered at the July 19, 2018, Commission Meeting, plus consideration of various Hunting and Fishing Regulations and regulations pertaining to the Enforcement Division of the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, including but not limited to:
2018-19 Fishing Regulations – Adoption of general fishing regulations including, but not limited to:
- Amend regulation that prohibits baiting with Common Carp on certain waters to remove Dierks Lake (Howard County) and DeQueen Lake (Sevier County) from listed waters;
- Amend regulations for commercial fishing restrictions to: (1) continue Lake Chicot (Chicot County) special commercial fishing season during months of November and December each year until no longer needed; (2) extend Old River Lake (Pulaski County) special commercial fishing season during months of December through February each year until no longer needed; (3) allow limited winter commercial fishing season on Horseshoe Lake (Crittenden County); (4) close commercial fishing on Grand Lake (Chicot County); and (5) extend special commercial fishing season on Bois d’Arc Lake (Hempstead County) to include two extra months;
- Amend regulation for game fish daily limits to: (1) reduce Lake Chicot (Chicot County) sportfish daily creel limits to half during 2019 lake drawdown; (2) reduce sportfish daily creel limits for Lake June (Lafayette County) during refilling after renovation; and (3) remove special 50 fish daily creel limit for crappie on Horseshoe Lake (Crittenden County) and return to statewide creel limit of 30 fish per day;
- Amend regulation requiring protected length limits on certain lakes and rivers to: (1) restrict Largemouth Bass harvest on Lake Austell (Cross County) to one fish over 20 inches with a statewide creel limit of 10 total; (2) restrict Largemouth Bass harvest on Lake Dunn (Cross County) to one fish over 20 inches with a statewide creel limit of 10 total; and (3) remove 16-21 inch protective slot limit for Largemouth Bass on Tommy L. Sproles Lake Pickthorne (Lonoke County) ;
- Amend regulation for Approved Aquaculture Species List to add Giant Floater (Pygandon grandis) to clean list;
- Amend regulation for Community Fishing Program restrictions to add the following to list of restricted waters: Craighead County - Arkansas State University Pond; and Jefferson County - White Hall Community Pond;
- Adopt regulation to prohibit possession of live Asian carp (including Silver, Bighead, and Black Carp) and require euthanization immediately after capture;
- Amend regulation prohibiting fishing on certain waters with any device other than a rod or pole to include following: Lonoke County – ponds on Cypress Bayou WMA; Woodruff County – ponds on Rex Hancock Black Swamp WMA; and St. Francis County – ponds on U. of A. Pine Tree Experimental Station WDA. All fishing regulation changes will become effective on January 1, 2019, with the exception of the changes to special commercial fishing seasons on Bois d’Arc Lake, Horseshoe Lake, and Lake Chicot (will become effective November 1, 2018), and on Old River Lake (will become effective on December 1, 2018).
All fishing regulation changes will become effective on January 1, 2019, with the exception of the changes to special commercial fishing seasons on Bois d’Arc Lake, Horseshoe Lake, and Lake Chicot (will become effective November 1, 2018), and on Old River Lake (will become effective on December 1, 2018).
Aquatic Turtle Regulations – Consider adopting petition from third parties requesting amendments to certain regulations, and repeal of others, in AGFC Code Chapter 34.00–Aquatic Turtle Regulations to prohibit commercial harvesting of all aquatic turtles in the state, to become effective immediately.
Purchasing & Procurement Policy – Revising the Commission’s current Purchasing and Procurement Policy.
All persons wishing to be heard on these subjects should submit comments in writing to this office before the start of the August 16, 2018, meeting (preferably by 4:30 p.m. on the day before). Any request to make an oral presentation at the meeting should be submitted in writing to this office on or before August 6, 2018. Copies of any proposed rules or regulations may be obtained at the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission main office, at www.agfc.com, or through a written request mailed to the address below.
PAT FITTS, DIRECTOR
Arkansas Game & Fish Commission
Game & Fish Commission Building
2 Natural Resources Drive
Little Rock, Arkansas 72205