Fine money collected from AGFC game law convictions never leaves the county where it was collected. Instead, the money is used to fund educational programs focused on fish, wildlife and conservation in the counties where the offenses occurred.
All fine money collected by the AGFC is redistributed to the Department of Rural Services in the county where the violation occurred in accordance with Arkansas Code Annotated 6-16-1101. A school district or conservation district that wants to receive this fine money must submit an application on the form provided by the Department of Rural Services.
Programs that Meet Funding Criteria
The following AGFC programs meet the criteria for funding:
- Arkansas Stream Team Program
- Arkansas Youth Shooting Sports Program (AYSSP)
- Fishing in the Natural State (FINS)
- Arkansas National Archery in the Schools Program (ANASP) - Archery P.E. Program (additional matching money is available through AGFC)
- School Yard Habitat Site Development
- Project WILD Workshops
- Junior Duck Stamp Field Trips
- Specialized AGFC conservation education/educator training workshops focused on the programs above (a partnership with county conservation districts). Contact Pat Knighten at AGFC, 870-917-2085.
- Contact Education Division at 501-223-6300 for more information