Stream Team Coordinators provide information to increase understanding and appreciation of Arkansas stream systems. Volunteers receive training in water-quality monitoring, riparian area management, fish and wildlife habitat improvements, best management practices and streambank maintenance and restoration techniques.
Our Coordinators are willing to work with you and your group to develop an appropriate educational program or workshop. We have worked with kindergarten classes up through senior citizens. These programs and workshops can vary in length from a 30 minute crash course to a multiple day event.
- Understanding Streams (discusses hydrology, stream dynamics, and aquatic ecosystems.)
- Macroinvertebrate Identification and what they tell us about Water Quality
- Water Chemistry (Chemical analysis training for streams, and parameters for the different ecoregions.)
- Streambank Restoration Techniques and Sediment Reduction
- The Importance of Riparian Areas and Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- How to correctly Plant a Tree
- Advocacy Workshop
- Fish Identification
- Herpetology (Reptiles and Amphibians) Workshop
- Mussel Workshop
- Stream Team Data Management, Analysis and Reporting
- Arkansas Water Law and Policy
For more information, please contact your appropriate Stream Team Coordinator.