Archery is a great way to sharpen skills, build self-esteem and create a stronger atmosphere for success in the classroom.
The Arkansas National Archery in the Schools Program – part of the National Archery in the Schools Program – targets students as young as fourth grade and as old as high school seniors. They learn archery skills, as well as an outdoor hobby they may enjoy for the rest of their lives.
Benefits of Archery
Kids of many physical skill levels can enjoy archery. A little concentration and hand-to-eye coordination is all it takes. Not only will students enjoy archery in the classroom, they’ll get the chance to display their skills at a state archery tournament sponsored by the AGFC.
Arkansas students will join thousands of others across the U.S. and Canada who have enjoyed and learned from NASP.
Beginning is Easy
Archery is fun and beneficial in many ways, but it’s also relatively inexpensive and simple. ANASP requires a Genesis bow with a universal draw length and a wide range of draw weights. It works for just about everyone, right- or left-handed. Young archers love this bow, which comes in a variety of colors.
A NASP kit, which costs about $2,500, includes:
- 11 Genesis Bows
- 5 Targets
- 1 Backstop
- 60 Regulation Aluminum Arrows
- 1 Repair Kit
Sources of Funds
Money for ANASP may come from many sources, including Act 799 of 2003, which sends fine money collected from violators of Arkansas Game and Fish Commission regulations to all 75 counties. The money is earmarked for conservation education in schools.
The AGFC may offer grants for archery equipment. Contact the AGFC for more information at 800-364-4263. Conservation groups also may be interested in helping support ANASP.
- 2021 Tournament Format | Covid Changes and Restrictions
- 2021 Regional Tournament Sites Map | February 8-11
- 2021 Dates | Registration, Tournaments and Deadlines
- 2021 Rules
- 2018-2019 Coaches Guide
- ANASP Brochure
- ANASP Handbook | Revised October 2018
- 2012 Arkansas State Frameworks Alignment
- Public Schools/Government and Private Schools/Non-Profit
- Mini, Parts, Scorecard, Paper Face
- Target Replacement, 3D, Paper Face
- Arrow Parts
- Bowcase, Banner, Stringbow, Armguard
- Bow Parts
- Academic Archer Patch, Decal
- Arrow Wall
- Online Store
- Federal Excise Tax (FET) | Public Schools/Government Only
- NASP W-9 | Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification
ANASP Program Forms
All Basic Archery Instructor training counts as 6 hours of Professional Development credit. To check for available classes in your area, click on the calendar tab.