Waterfowl Permit Hunts on WMAs
Three WMAs conduct permit hunts for waterfowl on certain days.
Freddie Black Choctaw Island WMA and Deer Research Area West Unit (Youth Only)
- The West Unit is closed to waterfowl hunting, except youth waterfowl permit holders and their mentors: Dec. 17-18, Dec. 31-Jan. 1, Jan. 7-8, 14-15, 21-22, 28-29 and Feb. 4, 2017.
- Hunting ends at noon on these days
- No more than five participants per party are allowed in each designated location, minimum of one mentor per group, not to exceed two mentors per group (mentors cannot hunt).
- Hunting allowed in designated locations through online permit lottery.
- To apply, visit https://www.ark.org/agfc/permitting/apply.php.
- Click here for more information about Freddie Black Choctaw Island WMA and Deer Research Area West Unit.
Steve N. Wilson Raft Creek Bottoms WMA
- From Nov. 19-27, 2016, Dec. 8-23, 2016, and Dec. 26, 2016-Jan. 29, 2017, Steve N. Wilson Raft Creek Bottoms WMA is open for waterfowl hunting only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays. Anyone entering flooded areas must have a signed Steve N. Wilson Raft Creek Bottoms Waterfowl Hunting Daily Use Permit on their person.
- On Tuesdays and Wednesdays, non-restricted permits are available at the parking area at the end of Cypert Road (south of headquarters), the east end of Jones Island Road (Cypert Tract) and boat ramps A and B. Hunters are not restricted to designated locations on these days.
- On Saturdays and Sundays, a limited number of permits will be available by drawing. Permits will be for designated locations. The permit drawing will take place at the area headquarters two hours before legal shooting time. There may be a total of four hunters per party for each designated hole drawn.
- Five permits, one mobility-impaired blind permit and one youth blind permit will be available through online drawing. For more information about the online draw and to apply, visit https://www.ark.org/agfc/permitting/apply.php.
- All permits must be carried while hunting, completed and returned to the collection box at the end of the hunt.
- Permits are not required during the Youth Waterfowl Hunt except for the youth blind permitted hole.
- Click here for more information on Steve N. Wilson Raft Creek Bottoms WMA.
Sheffield Nelson Dagmar WMA Conway George Tract