< Back to Special Hunt Permits
| || |
Arkansas Game and Fish Commission Wildlife Management Areas offer some of the best public hunting opportunity in the United States. To prevent overcrowding on popular WMAs, the AGFC limits some hunting opportunities through a permit draw system. Lowering hunter numbers not only regulates harvest, it offers a better hunting experience for the hunters who draw the tags.
Permit Application Schedule
Permitting dates are subject to change.
|June 1 ||Application period begins |
|July 1 ||Application deadline |
|July 6 ||First drawing and notifications sent |
|July 20 ||Payment deadline |
|Aug. 10 ||Second drawing and notifications sent |
|Aug. 24 ||Payment deadline |
|Sept. 7 ||Unclaimed permits sold online || |
|Dec. 15 ||Application period begins |
|Jan. 15 ||Application deadline |
|Jan. 19 ||Permits drawn and notifications sent |
|Feb. 2 ||Payment deadline |
|Feb. 16 ||Unclaimed permits sold online |
Applying for a WMA Deer or Turkey Hunt Permit
- Applications must be submitted online by the application deadline to be eligible.
- Each person may submit one application for each type of permit hunt (youth deer, archery deer, muzzleloader deer, modern gun deer, youth turkey and WMA turkey).
- Youth hunters must be at least 6 years old, but no older than 15, the day the hunt begins.
- Permit winners will be notified by e-mail (an e-mail address must be included with each application).
- Applying is free, but successful applicants must pay $10 to receive WMA hunt permits. (There is no charge for WMA Doe Quota Permits or waterfowl permits.)
- Permit winners who pay for their permit must print it:
- Click https://www.ark.org/agfc/permitting/status.php and enter your name and date of birth (be sure to use slashes in the date).
- When your name comes up with the list of permits you've paid for appears, click "Paid" on the far right of the screen.
- Click "Get Permit."
- Print the screen that appears in your browser, this is your permit.
- Call 501-223-6431 or 501-223-6359 for more information on AGFC permit hunts.
National Wildlife Refuge Hunt Permits
For more information regarding permit hunts on national wildlife refuges please contact:
Bald Knob NWR, Cache River NWR and Wapanocca NWR
Visit the website or call 870-347-2614
Felsenthal NWR and Pond Creek NWR
Visit the website or call 870-364-3167
Holla Bend NWR
Visit the website or call 479-229-4300
White River NWR
Visit the website or 870-282-8200