Leased Lands Permits 


1 - Big Timber WMA
2 - Casey Jones WMA
3 - Cherokee WMA
3A - Jim Kress WMA
4 - Jack Mountain WMA
5 - Gum Flats WMA
6 - Lafayette County WMA
7 - Provo WMA
8 - Lake Greeson WMA
9 - Howard County WMA

The AGFC leases hunting rights for the public on large blocks of private land in areas where they cannot purchase the land or a hunting easement outright. To help offset the cost of these leases, hunters, trappers and campers using these special WMAs must purchase a $40 annual use permit for each leased land they use.
Youths 15 years of age and younger are not required to have a permit. 

Recreational use of all ATVs, motorcycles, bicycles and ORVs is prohibited on Cherokee and Jim Kress WMAs. Hunters in possession of a valid Cherokee or Jim Kress leased lands permit are allowed to use ATVs, motorcycles or bicycles on open, maintained roads during an open hunting season while traveling to or from a camp site or hunting location only. Youths under 16 are not required to have a permit. Maps of leased properties are provided when permits are purchased.

Hunters must get permission from landowners to travel through neighboring private lands bordering leased land WMAs.

Leased land permits may be purchased at any license vendor, AGFC regional office or online.