Youth Hunt: April 8-9, 2017. Two bearded turkeys, no more than one jake.
Firearms Hunt: April 10-25, 2017. Two bearded turkeys, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
See Area Notes for Access Regulations.
Deer Archery: Sept. 24, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017.
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 15-23 and Dec. 10-12, 2016.
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 12-Dec. 4 and Dec. 26-28, 2016.
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2016 and Jan. 7-8, 2017.
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Four deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
• Two bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
• Four does with archery,
• One doe with muzzleloader or modern gun.
• During youth hunt, youths may take three deer, two bucks (no antler restrictions) and one doe.
Deer Notes: Three-point rule. No dogs.
Bear Archery: Sept. 24-Nov. 30, 2016.
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 15-23, 2016.
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 1-4 and 7-30, 2016.
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2016.
Bear Notes: Statewide bag limit. No dogs.
Nov. 1, 2016-Feb. 5, 2017. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
May 15, 2016-Feb. 28, 2017. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
Sept. 1, 2016-Feb. 21, 2017. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- CWD regulations apply in Yell County. Click here for details.
- It is unlawful to use any device that simulates wing movement or movement of any kind through electrical or mechanical means, except traditional jerk strings.
- No boats allowed from noon to 4 a.m., Nov. 19-Jan. 29.
- Exception 1 - Boats allowed on Petit Jean River and Kingfisher Lake.
- Exception 2 - Boats allowed from noon until 6:30 p.m., Dec. 3, Jan. 27-29 and Feb. 4.
- Closed to all access (except in the Petit Jean River and Kingfisher Lake and except in designated campsites, parking areas, boat launch ramps and boat staging areas) from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 19-Jan. 29 and Feb. 4.
- Click here for boating regulations on WMAs.
- Nonresidents need a Nonresident Wildlife Management Area Waterfowl Hunting Permit to hunt waterfowl.
- Airboats may not be operated within Petit Jean River WMA (excluding Petit Jean River and Kingfisher Lake) during duck season.