Youth Hunt: April 12-13, 2014. Two bearded turkeys, no more than one jake.
Firearms Hunt: April 19-May 4, 2014. Two bearded turkeys, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
Deer Archery: Sept. 27, 2014-Feb. 28, 2015.
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 18-26 and Dec. 13-15, 2014.
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 8-30 and Dec. 26-28, 2014.
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 1-2, 2014 and Jan. 3-4, 2015.
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Four deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
• Two bucks with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
• Four does with archery,
• One doe with muzzleloader and modern gun combined.
Deer Notes: Three-point rule. No dogs. Limit during the modern gun special youth hunt is two deer: one buck (no antler restrictions) and one doe.
Bear Archery: Oct. 1-Nov. 30, 2013.
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 19-27, 2013.
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 4-30, 2013.
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 2-3, 2013.
Bear Notes: Statewide bag limit. Season ends early if bear zone quota is met.
Nov. 1, 2014-Feb. 1, 2015. Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2014-Feb. 28, 2015. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
May 15, 2014-Feb. 28, 2015. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
Sept. 1, 2014-Feb. 21,2015. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- Permanent deer stands are not allowed.
- A Jim Kress WMA leased lands permit is required to hunt or trap wildlife on the area. Leased land permits may be purchased at any license vendor, AGFC regional office or online.
- Hunters in possession of a valid Jim Kress WMA leased lands permit are allowed to use ATVs, motorcycles or bicycles on open, maintained roads during an open hunting season while traveling to or from a campsite or hunting location.
- A Jim Kress WMA leased lands permit is not required to operate a vehicle on state highways or county roads.
- All ATVs are prohibited on Big Creek Natural Area.