|Name||Jim Kress WMA|
|Seasons and Regulations|Turkey:
Youth Hunt: April 13-14, 2013. Two bearded turkeys, no more than one jake.
Firearms Hunt: April 20-May 5, 2013. Two bearded turkeys, no jakes (Youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal bag limit).
Deer Archery: Sept. 15-Feb. 28.
Deer Muzzleloader: Oct. 20-28 and Dec. 15-17.
Deer Modern Gun: Nov. 10-Dec. 2 and Dec. 26-28.
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt: Nov. 3-4 and Jan. 5-6.
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Two deer, no more than one buck, which may include:
• One buck with archery, muzzleloader or modern gun,
• Two does with archery,
• One doe with muzzleloader and modern gun combined.
Deer Notes: Three-point rule. No dogs. Limit during the modern gun special youth hunt is one deer: buck (no antler restrictions) or doe.
Bear Archery: Oct. 1-Nov. 30, 2011. Statewide bag limit. No dogs.
Bear Muzzleloader: Oct. 22-30, 2011. Statewide bag limit. No dogs.
Bear Modern Gun: Nov. 7-30, 2011. Statewide bag limit. No dogs.
Bear Modern Gun Youth Hunt: Nov. 5-6, 2011.
Statewide bag limit. No dogs.
Bear Notes: Bear seasons close earlier if bear zone quota is reached.
Nov. 1, 2012-Feb. 3, 2013.
Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2013-Feb. 28, 2014. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
May 15, 2013-Feb. 28, 2014. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
Sept. 3, 2012-Feb. 21,2013. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- Permanent deer stands are not allowed.
- A Jim Kress WMA leased lands permit is required to hunt or trap wildlife on the area. Leased land permits may be purchased at any license vendor, AGFC regional office or online.
- Hunters in possession of a valid Jim Kress WMA leased lands permit are allowed to use ATVs, motorcycles or bicycles on open, maintained roads during an open hunting season while traveling to or from a campsite or hunting location.
- A Jim Kress WMA leased lands permit is not required to operate a vehicle on state highways or county roads.
- All ATVs are prohibited on Big Creek Natural Area.
|Leased Land Permit Required||Yes|
Green Bay Packaging and Arkansas Natural Heritage Commission
Map of Jim Kress WMA will be provided when a permit is purchased. A diagram of the state with the WMA marked on it is located below.
14,527 acres owned by Green Bay Packaging, Inc. This WMA is included in the Lease Permit group and requires a $40 permit in order to camp, hunt, trap etc. Jim Kress WMA includes the Big Creek Natural Area.
Seasonal closure gates are closed early January through early October. Gates open in October for muzzleloader season and remain open until early January.
To obtain a detailed map of a certain area, you must purchase a leased land permit for that area. Use the hyperlink below to obtain information about leased land permits.