Youth Hunt (permit required): April 11-12, 2015. One bearded turkey.
Firearms Hunt (permit required): April 18-20 and April 24-26, 2015. One bearded turkey, no jakes (youths may take one jake as part of their statewide seasonal limit).
See Area Notes for Access Regulations
Deer Archery: Sept. 27, 2014-Feb. 28, 2015.
Deer Muzzleloader (permit hunts): Oct. 18-20 and Nov. 28-30, 2014.
Deer Modern Gun Special Youth Hunt (permit hunt): Nov. 1-2, 2014 and Jan 3-4, 2015.
WMA Deer Bag Limit:
Three deer, no more than two bucks, which may include:
• Two bucks with archery,
• Two does with archery,
• One buck or doe with muzzleloader permit.
Deer Notes: Three-point rule. Only shotguns (.410 and larger) with slugs (no buckshot allowed) or muzzleloader rifles shooting a single projectile are allowed during the modern gun youth permit hunt. No dogs.Limit during the modern gun youth permit hunt is two deer; one buck (no antler restrictions) and one doe.
Nov. 1, 2014-Feb. 1, 2015 (Tuesdays and Saturdays only). Daily limit - 6, possession limit -12. Bird dogs allowed.
Sept. 1, 2014-Feb. 28, 2015. Daily limit - 8, possession limit - 16. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts.
May 15, 2014-Feb. 28, 2015. Dogs allowed except during firearms deer hunts. Daily limit - 12, possession limit - 48.
Sept. 1, 2014-Feb. 21,2015. Open Thursdays through Mondays. No limit.
- Deer modern gun
- The Union Pacific Railroad right-of-way through the area is considered part of the WMA for season and regulations purposes.
- Lake Pickthorne WRA is closed to access Nov. 1-Feb. 15.
- The WMA access gate near Tommy L. Sproles Lake Pickthorne will open for open hunting seasons with the exception of the summer furbearer seasons.
- The Holland Bottoms Natural Area Willow Oak Forest Preserve is open to waterfowl hunting.
- Nonresidents need a Nonresident Wildlife Management Area Waterfowl Hunting Permit to hunt waterfowl.
- Airboats may not be operated within Holland Bottoms WMA (except Tommy L. Sproles Lake Pickthorne) during duck season.
- No boats allowed from 1 p.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 22-Jan. 25 and Jan. 31-Feb. 1.
- Exception 1 - Boats allowed on Tommy Sproles Lake Pickthorne for angling.
- Exception 2 - Boats allowed from 1 pm. until 6:30 p.m., Jan. 23-25 and Jan. 31-Feb. 1.
- Closed to all access (except anglers on Tommy Sproles Lake Pickthorne and in designated campsites, parking areas, boat launch ramps and boat staging areas) from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m., Nov. 22-Jan. 25 and Jan. 31-Feb. 1.